I sigh and place the phone down on the nightstand. That was so intense, I didn't even know he was going to be this angry.

My thoughts were disrupted by a knock on the door before it opens. I look over and it's Dianne, standing by the door, smiling and peeking inside. "Can I come in?" She asks and I nod. "Of course."

"How are we doing today?" She asks, making her way over to me.

"I'm fine, I just got off the phone with Tristan." I sigh, sitting up on the bed with a struggle as Dianne takes a seat next to me. "He was really angry." I add. "He wanted to fly over but I managed to talk him out of it."

"He was even angrier when he called me this morning." She adds."But you can't really blame him. He loves you and the baby with everything he has." She chuckles softly. "I'm telling you, I've never seen him behave like this." She adds as my cheeks flush a dark red.

"I understand. He's afraid I might miscarry." I nod to myself, just the mere thought of it makes me anxious.

"I am too." I whisper, my tone somewhat saddening at the thought. I can't help it, I don't know why I'm so negative, I guess I don't want to get my hopes up so I won't get let down again.

"Oh, sweetheart. Don't go thinking like that." She comforts me, pulling me in for a hug. "You've been through so much, but things are looking up." She continues, placing her hand on my head. "Stop focusing on the bad side."

Silence settles between us for a minute before Dianne speaks up again. "You know, I miscarried once." She confesses, catching me off guard and making me look up to her. "Really?" I gasp. She's never told me that before.

"Well, it was a stillborn. But it doesn't make it any easier." She corrects. "I'm so sorry." I tell her. That must have been so hard for her.

"Don't be. It was a long time ago." She smiles. "Tristan was only five years old when it happened."

"How did he take it?" I ask shyly, wanting to know more yet worried that I might be too intruding.

"He wasn't happy. For a while, he didn't talk to anyone and was angry all the time. He was excited to have a brother." She tells me. I feel so bad for them, that must have been so difficult. "And then a year later, I gave birth to Isaac and Aylina." She continues as I listen intently.

"But Tristan was not happy about that either. He wasn't liking the attention we gave the newborn babies." She says, lightly chuckling. That makes smile because it doesn't sound at all like something he would do.

"I wish I could've seen that. I could never imagine him as a kid." I shake my head with a smile still playing on my face.

"Actually, I keep a picture in my wallet." She mentions, reaching over and getting her wallet out, opening it and pulling out an old picture then handing it over to me.

"Is this him? When he was little?" I gasp, looking over at the picture she gave me.

"Yeah, he was a grumpy little boy." She chuckles as I smile, keeping my eyes on the picture that displays a baby Tristan, crying.

"He's so adorable." I mumble in a baby voice. He really was, you can hardly see it's him. He looked so innocent.

"He would not like it if he knew I showed you this." She tells me, making me erupt in laughter. "Don't worry. I'll hide it in a safe place." I assure her, as she laughs along. "And thank you so much, for talking to me."

"You're welcome, dear." She smiles, standing up from the bed and straightening down her clothes. "Anyways, we're leaving. I'm so sorry we couldn't stay any longer." She apologizes as I shrug my shoulders."It's okay."