Allie started to rub her temples again, not really caring about what Kendra had to say at the moment. After all, she was intoxicated and she still felt like puking.

Kendra walked over. "It's also way easier to talk to you when you're drunk."

Allie sighed, tired of her overused excuse of being nervous and angry at her. "I'm not a hard person to talk to Kendra."

Kendra sat down next to Allie, just a few centimeters away. She could smell the vodka roaming out of Allie's pores and breath. She tried her best to not let the smell get to her. Allie leaned back on her elbows and stared off into space. Kendra wasn't used to this type of awkwardness. They were both usually all over each other about to have sex.

"So..." Kendra played with her hands. "How are you?"

"I've had better days," Allie said with a dead tone.

"You know, it's been pretty empty without you. In general, I mean." Kendra looked over at Allie.

"I guess. I'm used to being alone and not missing people." Allie shrugged.

Kendra felt hurt by Allie's careless words. As much as she was used to it, it always hit her tender heart. She loved Allie more than anything else existing in her world, but Allie never really acknowledged it or gave it a chance. The closest she could get to Allie without being hurt was when they used to have their long nights of 'fun'.

Kendra sighed. "Sometimes I don't even know why I try with you. You're the most heartless person I know and I'm not sure why I even fell in love with you in the first place."

"Maybe it was the way I didn't care. Like how I don't now." Allie scratched her head. "Girls seem to like people that don't care."

"It probably is the way you don't care. The way you carry yourself." Kendra wiped her eyes quickly.

Allie turned her head and looked at Kendra, finally. "Kendra I don't mean to hurt you. That's the last thing I want to do to any girl. I just can't help the fact it's who I am."

"I know you can't help it, but why don't you ever try?" Kendra spat back, trying to keep her emotions at bay.

Allie sighed sadly. She thought she would never encounter these moments again, where she would have to explain to Kendra why love wasn't logical.

"I just don't believe in being stuck to one person. You should be allowed to experiment with different people all the time." Allie shrugged.

"You don't ever get lonely?" Kendra asked hoping to reveal a hidden truth.

"I don't get lonely. I don't ever think about having a 'girlfriend'." Allie air quoted. "I don't want someone up my ass about everything all the time. It's not cool."

"Well damn, I wish I had your heart of steel then." Kendra pushed out a laugh.

"It's no hard feelings gorgeous. You deserve better than me. You know that." Allie said softly, trying to cheer her up.

"I feel like I don't deserve anything, to be honest." Kendra wiped her eyes.

"Kendra, you deserve the world. This isn't just drunk talk right here." Allie burped.

"Excuse you." Kendra chuckled. "God, that burp smells."

Allie laughed and almost lost balance leaning on her own elbows. Her eyes were starting to get heavier. She was close to passing out.

"I just remembered I have community service tomorrow," Allie grumbled.

"You still do that stuff?" Kendra said, taking off her shoes.

Allie moved her elbows forward and smacked down onto her back. "Yeah - it usually helps me clear my mind. I took off of work just to go to another job I don't get paid for."

"I'm sure you can miss a day." Kendra moved up on the bed. "Just don't go."

"I have to. Tomorrow I'm helping out with some volleyball team." Allie sighed. "They're like college freshmen or something."

"I'm guessing it's a team - of girls..." Kendra bit her lip.

Allie laughed and stared up at the ceiling. "A bunch of freshman college girls who are in dire need of sexual attention."

"Nice to know you're only going to be the predator that you are." Kendra cleared her throat.

"I'm going to help and spot some chicks." Allie closed her eyes.

"What a great way to spend your sick day." Kendra looked away.

"Yeah." Allie smiled. "Hey, if you're still here by the time I get back and I have a girl under my arm, don't be all jealous and whatever."

Kendra rolled her eyes. She didn't know whether she should hit Allie for her comment now or later.

"Thank god I work overtime." Kendra sighed.

"I work overtime every day - still don't make enough." Allie burped again.

"You're the only person living here. I don't see why your bills are so high." Kendra brought her knees to her chest.

"Rent is high. I focus on rent and have to go without hot water and electricity often." Allie said.

"Well jeez..." Kendra sighed sadly. "I can try and find a way to help..."

"I don't want to force anything on you. I know how much your apartment means to you." Allie wiped her forehead.

"You can find someone to rent the room out, who has a good job," Kendra suggested.

"Look, I tried finding people. I even asked everyone I associate with. Everyone has a place of their own." Allie mumbled.

It became silent and neither of them spoke a word for a couple of minutes. Kendra looked over at Allie. She passed out with her hands placed on her stomach. She started to snore a little, indicating that was she falling into a deep sleep. Kendra figured out instantly that she would be the one sleeping on the couch tonight, considering the other room beside Allie's was cluttered with unopened boxes.

Kendra left Allie laying the way she was. She was too heavy to move anyways when she was drunk. She left the room and headed towards the living room that was right next to the small kitchen. Allie's couches were big, soft, and black. They actually pulled out into beds, but Kendra preferred the small and confined area. Kendra sunk into a couch just to test how comfortable she would be. She was instantly comforted by the silence in the house.

During nights like these, Allie would usually stay up with her until she had fallen asleep. She was sure Allie would have accompanied her if she wasn't drunk and stressed out. Back then, it wasn't as stressful to make a living. Everything was going well for the both of them until people started getting laid off and other stores were being made, increasing competition amongst every business.

Low-income tattoo shops, much like the one Allie works in, don't make furious amounts of money. Each artist is paid by how many customers they have.

She moved around in her sleep, trying to find a comfortable position to rest in. She usually spent her Sunday's home, in bed, watching TV, not caring about the outside world. Sunday's were the only days she could stop thinking.