Chapter 36: Part 1

Narrator

Allie is fast asleep lying flat out on her back in her baggy white shirt and messy bun. She hasn't received sleep like this in a while. Alix's head remains on the sleeping beauty's chest. She's still as naked as can be against Allie's body. She's awake and replaying last night over in her head.

She surprised herself last night, being bold enough to come over in no underwear and to get as far as real sex - half of it anyways. She loves the feeling of a hot mouth all over her middle and craves more now. She wants more of Allie's experienced tongue.

Allie's phone starts to vibrate on the floor. Alix slowly sits up, avoiding excess movement. It's early in the morning and she doesn't want to wake Allie.

Alix looks over the bed on her right. She see's the phone moving a little bit as it vibrates. She quickly leans over and stretches her hand out grabbing the phone. She reads the caller ID and is instantly torn between letting it ring and answering it.

Alix quickly answers it and puts the phone to her ear.

"Allie! Good news! My friends said they could clean out the room for you sometime this week." North said.

Alix remains quiet and takes in North's voice. It's a lot softer than she expected.

"Allie? Hello? Is anyone there?" North said.

"Yeah." Alix pushed out.

North knows that Allie isn't on the other end of the phone. She knows it's Alix and is prepared to make a good first impression.

"Alix? Right?" North asked.

"Yup." Alix said dryly.

"It's nice to finally get to talk to you. Allie has told me a lot of things about you." North said softly.

"Nice to finally talk to you too." Alix said.

"I hear it was your first anniversary yesterday. Congrats." North said cheerfully.

"Yes, it sure was. Thanks." Alix said.

"Is Allie awake by any chance?" North asked.

"No. She's asleep. What do you need her for?" Alix asked sternly.

"Well, I'm sure you know Allie is letting me rent her extra room. My friends are willing to clean her room sometime this week." North said.

"Why do you need an office here?" Alix asked.

"Well, where I live it's just too much going on for me to get any work done. I'm aware that Allie also needs help with the apartment ..." North said softly.

Alix rolled her eyes. "So your plan is to 'help' Allie?"

"Yes." North said awkwardly. She already knows Alix doesn't like her.

"To be honest, I don't trust you. It's not ironic to you how Allie doesn't remember you and you guys just randomly 'meet' again?" Alix said.

North sighed. "Allie and I have been close for a while now. We went to high school together. I wasn't planning on coming back into her life - trust me. I didn't even know she was alive."

"Mhm." Alix hummed. "So I have nothing to worry about when you start to come here often? You have no feelings for my girlfriend?"

"Feelings for Allie do not exist. She's been there for me and now it's my time to return the favor." North said sternly.

"I hope not because Allie is in a vulnerable place right now. You intruding into her life can cause extra damage." Alix said.

"I'm aware, but I can help. I've done nothing, but help so far." North said sadly. She hopes Allie doesn't feel that way.

"I guess." Alix said.

"Well can you tell Allie to call me back later?" North asked dryly.

"Yeah sure." Alix mumbled.

North hangs up first, annoyed and feeling disrespected. Alix shrugs and leans over the bed placing Allie's phone back down on the floor. She's feeling proud of herself for claiming her territory.

Alix lays back down placing her head back on Allie's chest. She throws her leg over Allie's stomach and cuddles her resting body.