Chapter 6

Allie

Saturday night finally came around. I put on my skin-tight black dress that stopped halfway up my thighs. It made me look more curvy and full. My long black hair was out, clean, and wavy.

I was happy that I could finally wear my brand-new glass plugs. They fit snug in my ears even though they were fragile; once they hit the ground, they're done for.

I slid my feet into my favorite black pumps. I only wore these on special occasions or whenever I wanted to appear like a predator. I only looked this girly and sexual whenever I needed to. I always had to make a good impression for my future hookups.

I grabbed my small black clutch bag and shoved my phone, I.D., keys, and some taxi money inside. It was all I was going to need. I also planned not to get wasted tonight. Especially since tomorrow, I had to head over to the community center to turn in my work schedule.

As I waited around for Jim to call, I managed to harass Kendra over Skype. She wasn't going with us tonight. I figured she'd get herself out of it somehow. I knew it was because of the fact that I'd be bringing a girl home tonight. I had to handle my business one way or another and her feelings aren't going to stop me.

I heard a couple of knocks at my door except they weren't normal knocks. It was more like a beat. I quickly walked out of my room with a smile on my face. I knew it was Jim being Jim.

"Hold on Turner!" I laughed, quickly unlocking and opening the door.

"Allie bear!" Jim yelled and immediately pulled me into him.

"What's up!" I mumbled into his chest.

I got a good whiff of his cologne. He let me go and I stepped back to get a good look at him.

He grew out his facial hair and put on some healthy weight. Jim was always tall and starry-eyed. He was the master of the game; he was the one that taught me my ways.

His hair was a little shorter than usual, but it spiked up on its own without any hair products. He had on his favorite tight brown shirt that matched his eyes and fitted blue jeans. He couldn't look any more like a pretty boy.

"Well someone's looking... good." He looked me up and down. "Someone is totally in it to win it tonight!"

I laughed and nodded. "Yeah. It's been a while."

"Been a while since you've been out...or?" He winked.

I bit my lip and pushed a laugh. "Both. Where are the rest of the guys? Don't tell me they stood home or whatever."

"Nah man. They're already at the club. That's why we need to go, like now." He grabbed my arm.

"Alright let's go." I stepped forward out of the door.

He let go of my arm, allowing me to lock my door. Jim was always like a brother to me. In public, he referred to me as his little sister. He's also very overprotective, but I don't blame him. He is like family to me.

"We takin' the stairs?" he pointed back.

"Uh yeah. It's a lot quicker anyway." I dropped my keys inside the bag.

"Let's roll." He deepened his voice.

Jim opened the stairwell door. He was always a little off about taking the stairs in a building like this. I had to be extra careful walking down them because of my heels. I held onto Jim giving myself more support. His arm was rock hard, but I could tell he wasn't flexing purposely.

"Someone's hitting the gym hard." I laughed.

"Gotta stay in shape and keep the pain away somehow, right?" he said.