Chapter 28

Allie

"You weren't really texting me yesterday. Are you feeling okay?" Alix asked while shoving stuff in her locker.

We're in the locker room. I'm sitting on the wooden bench watching Alix get ready for practice. She's late, again. She has on a black t-shirt and her navy blue shorts. Today she's wearing her black knee pads and elbow pads for extra protection - she doesn't need any injuries before championships. Her ponytail sways back and forth.

"I'm fine." I lied. "Just feeling a little sick, that's all."

She turned to me. "You should've told Coach you aren't feeling good."

I shrugged. "Doesn't matter anymore."

My black sweatpants are keeping my legs warm, but I wasn't so smart putting together an outfit today. My legs are warm, but my torso is freezing because I decided I was going to wear my white jersey today. My hair is also in a ponytail as it starts to irritate the back of my neck. My white plugs feel heavier than usual in my ears.

"Are you sure you're okay?" She asked softly.

"I'm okay. Just one of those days." I said.

"Don't lie to me Allie Samson." She said firmly.

I chuckle at her strict tone of voice. I stand up and drag my feet to Alix. She stares into my eyes with a puppy like expression on her face. I grab her sides and pull her to me. Her stomach bumps against mine.

"I'm in the mood." I whispered.

"For?" She said innocently.

"Touching you." I mumbled.

She smiled. "I'm already late as it is."

"So? It's not like Coach will kick off the best player on his team." I said.

"He would." She said softly.

"Are you trying to tell me you're not even at least a bit tempted to have some fun?" I asked.

"I would love to have some fun, but not in public. You're crazy." She whispered.

I smiled. "Jeez Carter, learn to live on the wild side a bit."

She shrugged. "Not everyone is as daring as you are."

"Can I at least have a kiss then? I mean, if it's not too wild for you." I teased.

"Shut up." She whispered.

I smirk and pursue Alix's soft lips. I catch her bottom lip and put emphasis into the kiss. She softly places her hands on my shoulders. They're warm and light. I grip her sides and move forward a bit, pushing her back up against the locker. I slide my hands down to the back of her thighs right under her butt.

Her hands push my shoulders back a little. I guess she was serious about not being as daring as I am. My lips part away from hers.

"Someone could catch us." She said softly.

"Then what?" I asked. "What's the worst that could happen? Coach can't come in here."

"Well it's not really a rush for me. I like being in safe places alone with you. Where we have real privacy." She said.

I sighed sadly. "Okay, I'm sorry."

I take my hands back and leave them at my sides. Alix's hands still remain on my shoulders.

"I'll make it up to you. I promise." She said softly.

I shook my head. "You don't have too."

"I want too, just not here." She said.