17• they're asking questions

Start from the beginning

"I know" he smiled "beacuse you're incredible"

"You're, actually the incredible one Ross Lynch" she whispered, grabbing his hand on the wheel and giving it a squeeze.

His heart pounded as he mistakenly took a wrong turn when he felt her small soft hand on top of his, and then whispered "shit" trying to get the car back straight in the road.

Thankfully there was no other cars at the moment. It was late so the traffic was calm.

"Sorry" she bit her lip, snatching her hand away.

"It's fine" he rolled his eyes, gulping a bit and trying to cover up what happened so that he wouldn't completely blush "My girlfriend's not that much of the jealous type" he chuckled.

"Girlfriend?" Laura's eyebrows immediately furrowed as Ross parked her car in front of her house "S-since when?"

"Just recently" he cleared his throat stopping the car in place.

"Oh" Laura gulped a bit as she stared at her house in front of them, having no intentions of stepping out of that car.

She didn't know why it mattered to her. It felt stupid to... be a bit sad, over this new relationship she'd just learned about. She didn't have any kind of feelings for Ross, and she knew it would happen eventually.

But why did it sting in her chest?

"I-"

"Who is it?" she asked, interrupting his sentence immediately.

"Abbey" he replied simply.

His words hung in the air as if they were choking them both, and he felt...nervous about her reaction to the news.

He didn't know why he felt like he did, but he found holding his breath to hear her next words.

"Your costar on Sabrina" she nodded "Kiki mentioned her once. So she was right?"

"I guess" he mumured.

"Well, I'm sure she's a lovely girl. I can't wait to meet her" she smiled at him.

God you might've as well handed her a script so she could at least know what to say if she was acting this whole thing out.

What was wrong with her? Why did she feel so uncomfortable?

"I bet she feels the same way" he smiled her way too "I've talked to her about you"

"Have you?" she raised an eyebrow "Does she...um, know?"

"No" he shook his head "I told you, I'm not telling anyone. We made a promise"

"But how?" she furrowed her eyebrows again "Aren't you worried about her reaction when she does find out? This isn't easy news Ross"

"I'm aware" he nodded "And she is too. I told her that I wasn't telling her something and she was fine with jumping into the relationship blind for a few months"

"Damn" Laura whispered "Maybe I could use that with Thomas"

"Thomas?" Ross blinked down at her, a frustrated look on his face "The guy on your song-writing team?"

"That's correct" Laura cleared her throat "We um.. went on a date and have hung out quite a bit lately, but I knew i couldn't tell him so I was a bit conflicted. I know he wants to date, so maybe I could mention this to him, and...see what happens"

"Right" Ross licked his lips. A hard look on his face "I'm sure I'll go well enough"

"Hopefully" Laura nodded with a sigh.