Chapter Thirty Nine

*Hope's POV*

We're two weeks into semester two.
I can't believe it's semester two in my second year already.
I'm meeting up with Taehyung at a nearby cafe after school.

"I know you don't like going to fancy business events but my family company's 35th anniversary is coming up next month. Will you come?" Taehyung asks.
"Of course I will, but I don't think your parents will like it," I point out.
"I know, but at this point there's no point hiding from them. Whether my father likes it or not I love you," he holds my hand.
I nod.

This is actually pretty risky. No one knows what Taehyung's father can do but we all know he has power.

We somehow survived the past four months in a real relationship. We have pushed it multiple times and I am one hundred percent convinced Taehyung's father hates me. Very much.
As for the arranged marriage, it's still a thing, but Taehyung has been putting it off trying to find solutions.
It pains to watch him suffer all this stress just to try and keep our relationship. On top of that, he has to run the big family business.
I admire him for all his hard work and I know he is under a lot of stress, I hope he will be okay.

"Don't worry, I promised you we will be together forever. Nothing can stop it," he smiles caressing my hand.
"Promise me to always do you. Don't do anything because someone told you to," I look into his eyes to show sincerity.
"Promise."

After a month, Taehyung's family 35th anniversary arrives.
Taehyung has also invited all the boys. Jin, Jimin, Jungkook, Namjoon and Yoongi can make it but Hoseok can't.

"What are you wearing?" Jimin calls me a week before.
"A pastel pink dress, the dress Taehyung gave me for Christmas."
"Oh okay, I don't know what to wear. I rarely need to dress up," he says.
"What do you have?" I ask.
"Here I'll send you a picture."

He sends me a picture of him in a white dress shirt and black tuxedo. His dress shirt wraps around his torso very well fitted.

"Jimin, I'm sorry to tell you...."
"Is it bad?"
"You are gonna knock the hell out of every girl at that event next week."
"Including you?"
"You're the most handsome boy I know."
"More handsome than Taehyung?"
"Uhh that's debatable."
"Agh you love birds."
"But I did love you first, remember when I hated him last year?"
"Okay so I win then. Cuz I was more handsome to you before him," Jimin chuckles.
"Sure," I chuckle.

My heart starts beating at the thought of going to Taehyung's family business anniversary. I'm nervous, really nervous.
I know his father does not approve of the relationship and never did, I know he is doing whatever he can to break us up. And the arranged marriage might be the solution of his problem. I will always love Taehyung but I also know that he has to do what's best for his company. Combining the two companies is the best solution for the sake of their company.

Next week, the day has finally arrived.

I tilt my head as I stare at the mirror looking at myself from head to toe.
The soft, pastel pink wraps beautifully around my waist as the rest flows down smoothly.

JIN: I'm waiting at the gateway
HOPE: Cool, on my way

I make my way down the dormitory lobby and out onto campus grounds. I pass by many students, some seem to question my extravagant dress attire, but most are in their own worlds with earbuds plugged in.

As I approach the gateway, I notice a young man dressed in a black and white suit with a bow tie.
Jin.

"Look at you, worldwide handsome!" I call out.
"Thanks, you don't look so bad yourself," he chuckles.