Chapter Two

*Rustle*
*Rustle*
"Where the hell is that shirt?! I saved it to wear today," Jenna shuffled through her closet in frustration.

Jenna's warning was right. I should've taken it more seriously and put in some ear buds. I check my phone.

7:00 am
Just perfect. One less hour sleep for me. Getting up is inevitable now.
"Good morning." I say as I drag myself pass Jenna to the washroom.
"Good morning." She groans deep in her closet.

I look myself in the mirror. Since it's my first day, I should probably leave a good impression. I wash up and head to me closet.
Hmm. I don't have many choices. Looking nice might be a challenge. I pull out a white t-shirt scribbled with random words and pair it with blue jeans.

Jenna looks away from her vanity and turns towards me.
"Are you going to wear that for your first day?"
"It's the best I've got," I shrug.
"I can't let you leave the room looking like that. I'll find something in my closet," she exclaims.
I glance towards  her closet.
Surprisingly her closet isn't messy at all. It's definitely full, but it's all neatly packed. The top shelf's full of hats, caps, toques, and scarves. Neatly folded t-shirts and tops occupy the second shelf. Third, bottoms. Fourth, sweaters and jackets. Lastly, at the bottom. Bags. From drawstring Nike bags to Gucci purses. A few boxes sit quietly beside the bags.
"Alright, let's see what I have.
"Hmm." She looks through her sweaters.
"Okay. Wear this black cardigan. Make sure you tuck the shirt in your pants." She hands me the cardigan.
"Jenna, it's fine. I'll just wear this." I point at my outfit.
She sighs. "Fine. At least tuck the shirt in. And don't you dare tell anyone you're my roommate."
I nod and tuck my shirt in my jeans.
Soon, she was off.

8:00 am.
I was supposed to wake up now but since a wardrobe disaster happened I have time to spare.

*Buzz*
JAS~: Good morning! I hope I didn't wake u. Just wondering if u wanted to get breakfast with me later^^
HOPE<3: Hey! Don't worry, my roommate woke me up an hour ago. Sure, what time?
JAS~: 8:45ish?
HOPE<3: 8:45 at the cafeteria. Got it. See you!

I pack my backpack, making sure I have everything I need. Can't be walking into class with the wrong materials on my first day. It's bad enough that I'm a new student a week into semester two.
"Got my pencil case, textbook, water bottle, and phone...what am I missing?...My notebook!"
I scramble around my suitcase to find it.
All set.

8:30.
I head down.
Luckily, Jasmine and I meet each other at the entrance of the cafeteria, so walking into a crowded cafeteria by myself won't be an issue.
"You've been here yet?" I ask as we enter.
"Yeah, last night."
I nod.
After getting our breakfast we find a small table in the far corner of the cafeteria. Its secluded from the others and has a window right on it's side. I like it.

"Did you sleep well last night?" I ask, munching my eggs.
"Yeah. I slept pretty well. Did you get to know your roommate a little better?" She asks me.
"Yeah. She seems nice. But she woke me up at 7 when she was digging through her closet and cursing trying to find a top."
Jasmine chuckles.

Midway through breakfast, my phone starts ringing.
"Hello?"
"Hey Hope, good morning."
"Jin! Good morning. How are you?"
"I'm good. I just called to wish you luck for your first day."
"Oh woah! Thanks, I'll need it."
"Anytime. If you need anything just find me, your brother requested me to take care of you."

I chuckle.
"Seems like him. Thanks! Have a good day."
"You too. Bye new baby sis-"

Jin knows exactly how to talk to me to make me smile.

Jasmine watches as Hope talks on the phone. She hasn't known Hope for longer than 24 hours but she can tell whoever is in the other end of the phone must mean a lot to her. Her smile shows it all.