Chapter 40: Uncertainty

Start from the beginning

Ghira: "Hmm?"

Blake: "Why would you say that?"

He gets up and kneels down next to her, putting his hand on her heads.

Ghira: "Sweetheart, what's wrong? What did I say?"

Blake: "How can you still love me after what I did?"

Ghira: "Blake..." he sits on the couch next to her, holding her. "Your mother and I will always love you."

Blake: "You were right!" she says on the verge of tears. "I shouted at you and yelled at you. But you were right! I called you cowards!"

Ghira: "It's okay."

He pulls her into a hug.

Blake:  "I should have left the White Fang with you and Mom

Blake: "I should have left the White Fang with you and Mom. I should've listened to you and I'm sorry! I'm so, so sorry."

Ghira: "Blake, it's fine. We never held anything against you and I never feared that would fail. I was never angry with you. I was sad because I was afraid that you had lost your way."

Blake: "But I did lose my way!"

Ghira: "Yes, but you've found it again. And you did it by yourself. And I'm so happy you've found your way here. There aren't many who possess that kind of strength and even fewer that have the courage to face their demons again. Vale, Mountain Glenn, Beacon. You confronted the White Fang time after time."

Blake: "I didn't do it alone."

Ghira: "No, you didn't. You had your friends and someone who cares for you, which is why I wanted to ask you. Why did you leave Vale? Why did you leave your friends behind?"

Blake: "I..."

Suddenly, a wild Sun appears, knocking the door down and landing on his face.

Sun: "Wahh!"

Blake: "Sun!?"

He stands up straight while trying his best to explain himself.

Sun: "D'yuh! Woah! This isn't the bathroom! Uh, I'll just be going! Sorry to interrupt this tender family moment!"

Ghira just stands there holding in his anger.

Ghira: "I really don't like you."

Ruby's POV

After being told everything, everyone just sits there contemplating.

Jaune: "...Alright, lets say we believe all this. There really is this crazy evil being behind these attacks, not just some thugs trying to become powerful. Why doesn't the world know? Why isn't Atlas going after them, or Mistral?"

Nora: "And why aren't we in more of a hurry to get to Haven? Shouldn't we be getting them a message? What if they're next?"

Qrow: "The headmaster over there saw what happened to Beacon. He's not dumb. He'll be on his guard. Besides, it takes time to mobilize forces like that. Do you really think they planned out that attack on Beacon overnight? And to answer your question," he points to Jaune, "it's the same reason we keep quiet about the Maidens and the Red Dragon Emperor. If the whole world knew about the relics, about Salem, there would be chaos. We'd have another Great War on our hands, and this time, you'd have to fight."