1

"Thank you for helping me clean the place up mom! I appreciate it."

"Don't worry, dear. I'm just happy you decided to move after so long trying to get you to come here. It's very peaceful here in Daegu. I'm glad you found this nice little house. How did you find it anyway?"

"Easy, actually. This house was for sale, but no one was interested in it, and I really liked it. I love that it is so secluded and away from the city."

"Well, I'm glad you like it, dear. Be safe for me, okay? I don't know this place very well, even if we moved here a couple years back. I don't know all the places."

"I will, mom. You know I do. I have been living on my own for quite some time now. I will be fine. Now go home, mom. Dad is waiting."

"Alright. Goodbye, dear!" My mom said, and drove off.

For a moment it was silent. I felt at peace now.

I walked into my new house, and plopped onto one of the sofas. Exhaustion.

I laid on the sofa for a while, and closed my eyes while listening to the birds singing peacefully outside.

***

When I opened my eyes again, it was very dark outside.

Well...there goes my sleeping schedule...

Now I won't be tired for a long time. Just at that moment, my stomach growled at me.

Good time for a midnight snack.

I stood up, and walked to the fridge, where I took out some milk, and chocolate cereal from the cupboard. Oh, how I missed you my dear old friend. How can I go a day without chocolate cereal?

After eating the cereal, I thought that maybe it would be a good idea to go for a walk in the woods. Yeah, it sounds weird, I mean, who goes out in the woods at midnight?

To be honest, I love the sounds of the woods. It's very calming. I grabbed my shoes, and walked out of the house, closing the door behind me.

I walked for a long time. I felt the breeze through my hair, the coldness on my skin. The calm waves the trees make. Oh, how I love the sound of whistling wind through the trees. I heard an owl in the distance. Crack.....

Wait...

What was that?

Something behind me? I looked around, but...nothing.

Maybe it's in my imagination? Did I hear wrong? I swear I heard footsteps.

Maybe it was some kind of animal...I walked a little bit further, broadening my steps but I couldn't take it anymore.

It feels like something is watching me.

I didn't want to be in some kind of horror story, so I decided to turned around, and walk back home, where it is safe. Maybe I will feel better tomorrow. I'm not used to being alone. When I was in America, I lived in a hotel, so there were always people walking around and being loud. I hated it. I just wanted to be alone. No loud noises, and no one looking for me.

My mother comes from America, and my dad from Daegu. They met when my father went on a trip with his friends to America, and they fell in love. My father moved to America, closer to my mom, and after a couple of years, he proposed to her. Typical love story. Then I was born, and stayed in America until I was 17 years old. My parents said that they wanted to move back to Daegu to spend more time with my fathers' side of the family, but I didn't want to go, because I wanted to finish school in America. After I finished school, I was too scared to go to Daegu, and told my parents that I wanted to stay. They didn't like the idea, and tried everything to get me to move, but I didn't. I didn't tell them it was because of a boy. I didn't tell them, because they wouldn't understand why I would stay for a boy. We would simply just be a fling. That is what they always told me when I found a boy I liked.

Last week I found my boyfriend, now ex-boyfriend, kissing another girl. I wanted to move out the apartment we shared, and thought, "Hey, why don't I just move to Daegu like my parents told me?"

And that is how I happen to be in the Southern part of Korea now.

When I got home from walking in the woods, I took off my shoes, took a quick shower, and laid in my bed. All the walking made me tired again...maybe I can get some sleep.

***

~unknown pov

"What is that sweet smell?"

"I don't know what you mean. I don't smell anything."

The whole day, I was smelling this sweet smell...almost like roses, but no one else is smelling it. I must be going crazy.

"The smell is getting stronger now. I'm going to follow it. Don't wait up for me."

"But..."

"I'll come back, don't worry!"

I calmly walked out of the mansion, and when I was sure no one could see me, I ran as quick as I could to the smell. It's getting stronger and stronger. Wait...I heard walking.

A person.

I can just taste the blood already.

Oh, a girl.

I walked a little closer, trying to see her face, but a twig snapped under my foot, and she stopped in her tracks. Shit. Shit shit shit.

I stopped moving until she looked back on the road. I couldn't see her face. She walked for a little while further, me watching her. She suddenly turned around with a worried expression on her face. I walked behind her without her noticing. She got to the old house, near the mansion. Guess they found someone who wanted the place.

She closed the door, and went inside the bathroom. I quickly climbed through an open window. Wow, she really cleaned this place up. I looked through her stuff. Yes, she is the one who smells so sweet. But why, though?

I heard the shower going off, and climbed under her bed. How ironic...there is a monster under her bed.

She climbed on her bed and went through her phone. I waited for anything to happen, but she was dead silent. I wouldn't be surprized if she isn't on the bed anymore. A couple minutes past and she is now reading a book. Doesn't she sleep? Finally when she decided to turn of her light, she fell asleep. After a while, I crawled out from under the bed, and stood over her. Damnit...I still can't see her face properly. Who is she?

Maybe she will go for a walk tomorrow again, then I will taste her blood.

Tell me, does your blood taste just as sweet as what you smell?

Fun Fact: I don't like chocolate cereal, or any cereal.