40 ~ Love problems + their backstory

"The whole time I've known him, I've known him as a cold, grumpy guy but also the biggest sweetheart ever.
I just think he needs somebody who understand and loves him... He's had it pretty tough before he came here." I nod.

I remember exactly what I read about his family.

How they left him out there to die, how he was fortunate to have stumbled upon Jin.

How Jin let him stay here-

Probably in exchange of killing, being under him and having no power over Jin. Just the guards..

I sigh, putting my palms on my face stressed.

I don't know anymore

I don't know how to feel about Yoongi..

I can confirm the 'he's cold but is a sweetheart' thing.

He was there for me when I was scared. When I was upset and all alone-

He was there.

He comforted me.

And made me feel safe in his arms...

Yeah, I've definitely fallen for him.

But Hoseok's right about Yoongi not being a mafia anymore when we leave.

But... I can't bring myself to like him in this situation.

I have to escape, most importantly.

Then I have to collect myself, explain what happened to mom and catch up with Hoseok.

Then! I can finally sort out things with Yoongi.

For now I have to help him heal, then we'll all plan our escape.

Hoseok waves his hands in front of my face, trying to snap me out of my 'dreamworld'

"S-sorry I just... I remembered that I read about Yoongi getting kicked out of his home..."

"You know?!"

"Yeah, I got access to his computer and- It may have been an invasion of privacy, but I needed clues of how to escape!"

"Ari, you're really crazy sometimes, did you know that?" He said followed by a laugh.

"I was desperate, Hoseok. I wanted to escape, get as far away from here as possible. That's back when I was only acquainted with Jimin, and nobody else. But I still wanted to escape."

"I understand, I never wanted to kill..."

"Then why are you here?"

"Because of Yoongi...."

So Yoongi meant more to him than his own family?

"I know what you're thinking, you're probably disappointed in me but Yoongi means a lot to me!" He tried to explain.

"Has he done anything to make you trust him so much?" I ask instead of admitting that I do feel disappointed. 

"He stood up for me, and we were close. Even though we're really different, we just.. clicked.."

"Oh, I understand." I said while nodding.

Not really..

I don't have many friends, not after Hoseok went missing.

I isolated myself from the world, and unfriended everybody.

There was only one person who stood loyal to me, even until this day.

My bestfriend

I trust her more than anybody else, after my family of course.

"I'm glad you do." He smiled and I smiled back, fakely, so I don't worry him with my true feelings.

"H-how and when did you guys meet?"

"One year after we moved and transferred.." He paused and looked at me. "When I was 15, I became friends with Yoongi. He was there for me when I needed somebody the most." He begins and smiles to himself, probably looking back at it.

"We became bestfriends, and one day he told me about him being in a mafia.. I was shocked and freaked out, even more when he hit me up with the idea of joining it.... At first I didn't want to, but I didn't want Yoongi going through it alone..." He paused and took a deep breath.

Then he continued. "So I joined too by signing a contract with Jin..."

He picked a mafia over his own sister and mother? I teared up, but managed to blink them away quickly as I continued to listen to him.

"I see..." I say, trying not to sound shaky or have a voice crack.

"I thought you were gonna get upset with me." He laughs, a laugh of relief.

I am upset-

On the inside

"Don't worry, Hoseok, I'll always understand you." I smile, trying to hide the tears forming in my eyes by blinking.

But it's too late

I felt a tear run down my cheek and quietly curse to myself.

"Ari..." I stay silent, but let my tears run down my cheeks and let them explain my emotions instead of making me do it.

I couldn't help it.