Chapter 34: After final exams

Izuku's POV
"NO!" We yelled as Todo-chan got knocked out and they were disqualified due to both being unconscious.

"Todo-chan...." we said as they were taken away to be treated.

"How unfortunate" Aunt Shiyo said. "If only Todoroki and Bakugou cooperated they could've passed. I should go and treat them" she left to go to the infirmary.

"That's most likely why they were paired in the first place" Yaoyorozu said. "Bakugou-kun wants everything his way and Todoroki-san often plays leader."

She looked at the ground thinking.

"Along with that Bakugou always wants to be number one, with Todoroki helping in defeating the Hero Killer, it's only natural he's one of Bakugou's biggest rivals" She continued. "If putting everyone in the class in the perspective of Bakugou, which is either as extras or obstacles. Fukukado-kun would be at the top while Todoroki takes second. With them being part of the top three in class it seemed fitting to face them against All Might."

"That's very likely" Iida said.

"It's still sad that Todo-chan and Kaachan didn't pass" we said as our tail slumped on the ground.

"Yeah you were really excited to have our whole group on the training camp" Uraraka said.

"Well we're going to go check on Todo-chan" we said as went to the door. "See you guys later."
~~~
Todoroki's POV
My eyes slowly opened and I found myself in the school infirmary.

I was on the bed and I saw Fukukado chatting with Recovery Girl.

On my right, I saw Bakugou on a bed unconscious.

I sat up and Fukukado noticed me and a smile went on their face.

"Todo-chan!" They said going to my side.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You lost to All Might" they said their smile disappearing. "He knocked you out after he beat Kaachan."

"I can't believe I failed.... even if it was against All Might..."

"How long have I been out?" I asked.

"30 minutes-ish" they answered.

"Well thanks for staying here and waiting for me" I said.

"Aside from the fact your our best friend, we have another reason for waiting" they said.

"And what's that?" I asked.

They went to their pocket and their eyes went red as they pulled out their phone and earphones.

"I didn't forget about you living under a rock" Yami said.

"I live in a house not a rock" I said.

"I swear Todo-chan, you're too literal" Yami said walking over to my side. "Metaphors go over your head."

They got out earphones and plugged it to their phone and started typing in their phone.

"By the way, Todoroki" Recovery Girl said.

I turned my head to look at her.

"You're free to go now since you were only knocked unconscious and any other scratch or injury you had has already been healed" she informed me as she left.

"Oh that's cool" Yami said.

I got up from the bed and saw the time and it was still class time.

"We should get back to class" I said as I walked to the classrooms only to be grabbed by the arm.

"No actually" they said their eyes returning to green. "There are no classes since today had the final exams."

"Oh that makes sense" I thought.

"I guess we should get going to the train station" I said.

"Actually" they said. "Do you wanna hang out? You know hang around in the park or something?"

"Oh" I said. "Sorry, I was actually gonna go visit my mom."

"Oh!" They said. "Don't worry about it!"

They waved their hands in frantically.

"It was just a suggestion and I guess I should visit my mom as well if she's not working right now" they said. "See you tomorrow Todo-chan."

"See you" I said.

They left and I was left there.

"Dammit why couldn't I have just gone with them?" I thought flustered.
....
"Awwww What? You chose to not hang out with Izuku?" My mom asked.

"I don't know" I said burying my head into my hands blushing. "It was out of nowhere and my brain just said I'm going to visit you."

"I wouldn't have minded if you were going to hang out with Izuku" my mom said.

Here's a confession:
I like Fukukado. Ugggghh I've never had to deal with this before and now here it is.

I told mom about this and she said its a "crush" and looked quite actually no VERY pleased with this.

"They have to visit their mom anyway" I said.

"Are you sure?" My mom asked. "If they wanted to hang out then that means they most likely just decided to do it when you turned down the offer. You should stop being so shy around my future son or sons-in-law." (I LOVE THE HEADCANNON THAT REI TEASES SHOUTO ABOUT HAVING A CRUSH AND CALLS IZUKU HER FUTURE SON-IN-LAW)

She was smiling innocently while I tried not to set the fire alarm of the hospital as I cool my left side down with my right.

"Stop calling Fukukado your future son-in-law" I said as my left side finally cooled down.

"Oh my mistake" Mom said. "Are they already my son-in-law?"

"MOM!" I wanted to yell as I quickly stopped myself from bursting into flames with my ice.

Mom laughed a bit seeing me getting flustered and apologized.

"I'm sorry dear but it's been years since I've seen you and you're so expressive compared to what I saw on the sports festival" she said.

"It's fine mom..." I said.
~~~~~
I wanted to write Mama Todoroki.

Also

I'm considering making the cover the fanart sent by felinafrenetica since the cover isn't really fitting.

Are y'all okay with that?