Chapter 17: Bakugou vs Izuku

(I'm getting lazy constantly checking if I'm following cannon so you know what I'm winging it)
Todoroki's POV
Fukukado just left to get ready for his match against Bakugou and I felt so strange.

I confronted my father earlier who thought I accepted him but I told him I forgot him. My headaches have stopped after I recalled my mother with my fight against him(them) and he(they) calls me Todo-chan now and I feel different he(they) gives(s) me warmth I'm so confused.

Iida came but had to leave almost immediately because of a phone call.

The girl he fought on the first round came over looking for him but we said he had to leave for a phone call and she left disappointed.

"AND THE FINAL ROUND IS COMING SOONER BECAUSE THE OTHER COMPETITOR, TENYA IIDA HAD TO LEAVE FOR FAMILY MATTERS"

"Oh I hope nothing too bad happened to him."

"SO NOW WE HAVE IZUKU FUKUKADO VS KATSUKI BAKUGOU!"

"This is bound to be good!" Ashido said getting ready to watch.

"Yeah the first place in the entrance exam and a recommended student!" Kaminari said.

"Yeah and they even seem to have history together with them having nicknames for each other" Hagakure said.

"Well Fukukado has a nickname for everyone so that's not that surprising" Tokoyami pointed out.

"Yeah and Bakugou doesn't really use our real names" Shouji added.

"GO!"
~~~
Bakugou's POV
Neko doesn't move as Midnight gave the signal most likely predicting my first move.

"I need to move now otherwise he'll get too much time to think and along with that he can easily get me out of bounds."

As I thought, Neko's eyes went silver as an earth flood was sent my way and I dodged it by propelling myself away with explosions and try to hit him from behind.

As I almost hit him, he whirled his head to see me then stomped his foot on the ground blocking my vision then running to the other side.

When the earth returns I can't see Neko.

"He's either using illusions or..." I looked up hoping to see Neko floating up with telekinesis and prepared my explosions only to get a punch to the stomach.

I stumble back as Neko reappears with bright green eyes then returned to silver before slapping his hand to the ground and doing a handstand to return on his feet.

"BAKUGOU IS OUT OF BOUNDS!" Midnight declared as I look down to see me out of bounds.

"I never thought he(they) could punch that hard" I said holding my stomach.

The earth returns to normal as Neko's eyes return to emerald green and we make eye contact.

"Did we punch you too hard?" He(they) asked rubbing his(their) head. "We added a shadow boxing glove but it disappeared as we punched you."

"That explains a lot" I thought as the explosions must've caused it to disappear after he(they) punched me.

"When did you get so damn strong!?!" I asked.

"Well having a pro hero mother helps" he(they) said.

"When will you tell me what happened between you and auntie Inko!?!" I asked.

"Soon Kaachan but not now" Neko said as we got ready for awarding.

(Midnight introduces All Might then talks to Tokoyami now to Bakugou who isn't strapped onto anything as he acknowledges Izuku)

"Good work earlier Young Bakugou!" All Might said as he gave me my medal. "Your technique and determination is good! Keep up the good work!"

"I won't keep up my work here" I said surprising him. "I'll get stronger."

"Love the determination!" He said as he went to Neko.
~~~
Izuku's POV
"Great work Young Fukukado!" He said as he gave me my medal. "That's not all your getting."

"Wait really!" Izu said excitedly.

"Yeah I mean we did win all the contests!" Yami said.

Power Loader came over with a trophy and handed it to All Might.

"For winning all the competitions you get a trophy for your hard work!" He said as he gave us the trophy.

"YAY MOM'S PROBABLY SO PROUD!" Izu cheered as we held the trophy.

"Dad must be proud he's just hiding it under his bandages" Mido said.

"CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS!AND THAT CONCLUDES THE SPORTS FESTIVAL! TO THOSE WHO DIDN'T MAKE IT THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT YEAR!" All Might said. "EVERYONE SAY IT WITH ME NOW!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"

"THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARDWORK!"

"EH!?! ALL MIGHT THAT WAS THE PERFECT TIME TO SAY PLUS ULTRA!" Eveyone including us yelled.

"Lmao All Might forgot about Plus Ultra" Yamikumo said.

"I think he just wanted to congratulate us" Akatani said.

"Still Plus Ultra is the school motto" Mikumo said.

(Time Skip to everyone leaving)

"CONGRATS IZUKU!" Mom said hugging us as we walk over.

"Thanks mom!" We said not being able to hug back as we were holding the trophy.

"Congrats Izuku" Dad said from behind us.

"Dad! You were allowed to leave early?" We asked.

"Nezu insisted I shouldn't work with my injuries" he said as we walk over to the car.

"Fukukado" a voice said and we turn around to see Todoroki.

"Oh hi Todo-chan!" We said as we placed our trophy in the car.

Dad froze seeing Todoroki walk over to us.

"Hello Aizawa sensei" He said to dad.

"Do you need something Todoroki?" He asked.

"Just need to ask Fukukado something" He said. "And don't worry I'll keep your secret."

"Don't take too long" he said getting in the car with mom.

"What is it Todo-chan?" We asked.

"Could you join me tomorrow in visiting my...." Todoroki said. "Mom...."

"Oh we should we haven't seen her in a long time!" Izu said.

"Yeah and she must've watched the sports festival" Akatani said.

"I'm happy to hear Todoroki wants to reconnect with his mom" Mikumo said.

"Yeah and I guess he wants us to join cause he's nervous" Yamikumo said.

"It's only natural I mean they're last meeting wasn't exactly....." Mido said. "Pleasant"

"Sure we'd love to join!" We said.

"Let's exchange contact info so I can text you when we're visiting her" he said pulling out his phone.

"Got it" We said pulling out our phone.

We exchange contact info then said our goodbyes and we went inside the car.

"I never would've expected your class' ice prince to come and talk to you" Mom said as the car moved.

"He seems different" Dad said. "As though after your fight he's been relieved of a huge weight."

"We can't say much because that's Todo-chan's personal matters but yeah he does seem relieved."