Dinner with the Oikawas

Y/n's POV

"Oikawa! I swear if you do something stupid like that again, I will leave you here," I scold him as I pull him out of the video game shop.

"Oh come on! It wasn't that bad!" he complained.

"You literally fought with a little kid over a video game! And you made him cry!" I groan.

"It was the latest alien game and it was the last one! I gave it back though! And what happened to my first name?" he questioned acting like a little kid. I glare at him and start walking away.

"This is your punishment for behaving like a bothersome kid. If you want me to say your first name again, you have to earn it," I tell him as we continue our walk around the mall. On all of the dates Oikawa and I have been on, there was never one where he didn't cause any trouble. Just as we were about to go pick a place to eat, I heard my phone ring. I took it out and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Y/n L/n?"

"Uh yes," I answer.

"I'm calling from the Hyutaru Hospital. I have great news."

Me and Oikawa rushed into the hospital and checked in. We both made our way up to my dad's room and I felt relief and happiness wash over me as I open the door and see my dad conscious. He was staring at the window before he turned to me.

"Dad!" I come towards him and hug him but still gently not wanting to hurt him. "I'm so glad you're awake."

"You look like you're doing alright as well," he chuckles hugging me back, "I didn't miss a lot did I?"

"Well, not too much," I answer truthfully. Except for the fact that I was dating Oikawa.

"The nurses say that he can be released soon," my uncle added in.

"Really? How soon?! " I ask impatiently.

"Just be patient Y/n. You'll be fine for a few more days. You should really try to get a real boyfriend to keep you company until then," my dad says. Why did he have always have to make fun of me and my love life? I froze not really knowing how to bring Oikawa up but then I remembered that he was with me. I also then realized that they had never met either.

"Who's this?" he asks getting to it before me. My eyes met Oikawa's but he just smiled reassuringly.

"Hello sir. My name is Tooru Oikawa and I'm Y/n's boyfriend," he introduces himself calmly. I bite my lip as my dad gives me a very surprised and shocked face as of saying 'So you really have a boyfriend. Didn't think that would ever happen.' Sure my dad made fun of my love life but he could be overprotective when he wanted to.

"Boyfriend huh? Tell me a little bit about yourself. I just want to see if you're right for my daughter, that's all," he says giving off a threatening vibe that sent shivers down Oikawa's spine.

"Dad," I say glaring at him.

"Okay, okay! I'm kidding!" He laughs throwing his hand up in defeat. "Y/n, I'm sure whoever you choose will be great. I trust you. I just wanted to know more about the boy who makes my daughter happy," he explains myself and I relax and smile. So Oikawa began talking about himself and sometimes he would go a little too far with the bragging so I had to give him signals to tone it down which he understood. Overall, it went pretty good and my dad seemed pretty impressed.

"Wow Y/n, didn't think you would be with someone so talented. You should learn from him," he comments earning a groan from me.

"Thanks for the encouragement dad," I sarcastically say as I roll my eyes.