New Start

Y/n's POV

"Wow dad! This place is really nice!" I say as I walk into our new house.

"I'm glad you like it. Why don't you take a look around?" He suggests but when I turn around he was already carrying three boxes.

"Dad! Let me help!" I offer but he declines.

"Y/n, I'm fine. It's not like you can carry any of them anyways," he says. That hit hard. I was about to say something to back myself up but I gave in, knowing my reason wouldn't be good enough.

"Fine."

I looked around the whole first floor and everything was really good. I made my way upstairs until my dad yelled, "Your room is the second door on the right!" I was really excited to see what my room looked like the most since that's where I'll be spending most of my time. You know like, watching anime, reading manga, having my own mini dance party, doing homework... I opened the door and I instantly loved it. Of course, it didn't have anything in it yet, but it was painted f/c and it was really spacious. It also had a personal bathroom and a walk-in closet! Wow, I'm getting way too excited over a new room. As I was figuring out where I wanted everything to go, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I thought it was my dad but to my surprise, it was Tobio.

"Tobio!" I exclaim wrapping him in a hug. "What are you doing here?"

"I live right next door," he says as I let go of him.

"Really? My dad never told me," I say.

"I guess he wanted it to be a surprise," Tobio replies.

"Then it's one of the best ever!"

"Oh Y/n, my dear!" I turn my head and see Tobio's mom, my aunt. She embraces me and I do the same.

"Auntie (??? idek what to write)! It's so nice to see you again!"

"Oh it's been so long! Come downstairs, I brought some f/f," she says. My eyes widen in excitement.

"F/f?"

"Yes. Tobio helped me make it," she smiles as we get downstairs.

"Awww. Tobio~ You're so sweet," I say, pinching his flushed cheeks, teasing him.

"Mommm. I told you not to tell her!" he groans flustered.

"But you're so cute when you're teased," his mom giggles. I laugh along with her.

"It's fine Tobio, I won't tell anyone..." I start.

"Thank you."

"...Except for your team," I finish. He groans.

We were now having a family dinner with Tobio's family and it was entertaining. I also saw Tobio's dad again. He was always intimidating but he was actually really nice. We told so many jokes and stories at the table and I enjoyed being around everyone. I felt genuinely happy for the first time in a while.

"So Y/n, do you have a boyfriend yet?" Tobio's mom asks. Excuse me, what? Everyone at the table then all turned to me making me feel extremely uncomfortable. Out of all things she could've asked. I didn't know what to say. A boyfriend? Do I look like a person who would have one? What could I answer with?

"Are you assuming I like guys?" I ask his mom, pretending to be offended.

"Or girlfriend if that's who you're into! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to offend you!" His mom freaks out, trying to fix her mistake. I laugh at her.

"Chill. I'm just joking. I'm into guys. I think..."

"So do you have a boyfriend?" She asks again. I thought for a minute. I don't really have one. Oh wait, I do!