The L Word

Y/n's POV

"We're officially dating!" B/f/n announces as she holds Hajime's hand.

"Congrats you two!" I congratulate them. I was happy for them I really was. But I had something else going on in my mind. I couldn't help but think about Oikawa for some reason. Something felt off today and I didn't like it.

"Omg! I'm so happy for you!" I heard an annoying voice beam. Takemaera comes over to us and starts chatting with B/f/n and Hajime. I roll my eyes and cross my arms. Just when I almost forgot she existed, she comes waltzing back in. She stops talking to the new couple and just before class starts, she whispers something in my ear. All the morning classes went by and it was finally lunch. Instead of going to the lunch table where I meet with the others, I made my way to the rooftop. When I opened the door, I only saw Takemara who had her back to me.

"What did you want me to come here Takemaera?" I ask as she turns to me.

"Oh, Y/n. You made it," she says with a sly smirk on her face. I glare at her and cross my arms. "Simple. Give up your friends to me." I raise a brow still keeping my stance.

"And why would I do that?" 

"You will or your dad will lose his job," she replies as my eyes widen.

"What are you talking about Takemaera?" I narrow my eyes at her.

"My dad is the boss of the company your dad works at. And I know that they're on a business trip right now for a few months. Want proof? Call your dad and ask him," she explains. I was taken back by everything she had said. She has me backed into a corner. My friends or my dad. I only have one choice in this matter. I stayed silent, not able to mutter a word. I looked back at Takemaera and she was standing there, all full of herself. She had this all planned out. I didn't think she was this smart.

"Since I'm nice, I'll give you a day to decide. I know who'll you pick anyway. You know what's good for you, don't you?" 

I had been out of it for the rest of the day. I couldn't focus. I could tell them, but they wouldn't believe me. Takemaera has them all tied around her finger. I sighed as practice ended. I locked up the equipment room and made my way outside. There, I saw Takemaera talking with all my three friends. I growled and curled my hands into a fist. Takamaera's eyes made contact with mine and she smirked.

"Y/n! Want to come get some food with us! I'm paying!" She sang. I looked at all my friends and felt a pain in my chest.

"I can't. I have lots of homework to do. Maybe another time. Have fun!" I say as I walk away. I need as much time as I need to think about my decision. I got home a jumped onto my bed. I closed my eyes and went into deep thought. I want to choose Hajime, B/f/n and Oikawa but if I do, my dad would lose the job that he loves. If I chose my dad, I would lose my only and very best friends. Why does this have to be so hard? I heard my notification bell ring so I picked up my phone and saw that a random person had sent me a message. I opened it up and it was Takemaera taking a selfie with Hajime, B/f/n and Oikawa. The pain in my heart didn't stop from before but only increased. Oh, what to do? 

The next day came and I was still conflicted about what to do. My head was hurting and I felt exhausted from thinking about it all night. I avoided the others all day because I couldn't bear to face them. I couldn't even look them in the eye. If I did, I would feel like picking them over my dad and that would cloud my judgment. School ended and practice was starting soon. Which means I don't have much time with making my decision. I made my way to the side of the gym to meet up with Takemaera. Of course, she was there waiting for me.

"So you did make it. I'm assuming you've made your decision then," she sneered. I stayed silent. "Wait, don't tell me you haven't? Come on. One day should've been enough. Just pick one. It's not that hard."

Actually, it is.

"Lose your father who has been there your whole life or lose your three friends who were only there for some of your life."

Stop making it like it's so easy.

"You have to act as you hate them if you want to lose them fully and help your dad keep his job."

Shut up.

"Make your decision Y/n."

I don't want to.

"Y/n~~~"

I don't want to lose any of them.

"They're coming."

"I hate them!"

Wait what?

"I hate Iwaizumi, B/f/n and Oikawa!" I yelled.

No. Stop. Please

"Y/n?" I turned around to see all of my three best friends. I wanted to cry.

"Do you really mean that?" B/f/n asks sadly.

B/f/n

"Of course. I was just using you to get what I wanted. Who would want to be best friends with you anyway?

You'll always be my best friend forever.

"Y/n. That's too far and you know it. What's gotten into you?" Hajime asks defending B/f/n but still sad.

Hajime.

"So Oikawa was allowed to say mean things to me before and I can't now? How can I even call you my best friend if you weren't even there for me back then?"

You were always there for me.

"So all those moments we had together meant nothing to you?"

Oikawa

"Not a thing. In all honesty, I just really wanted to leave and be done with you."

I cherish all those moments we had together. The moments I cherished were the ones with you I lo-

That's when it hit me. That's what it was. 

"Anyway, I'm breaking it off with you guys. You're all useless to me now, I say as I make my way home. I wasn't even going to bother going to practice. My heart was officially broken.

Third Person POV

"No.... She didn't really mean that..." B/f/n spoke, a tear slowly falling down her face. Hajime hugged and comforted her as she cried. Oikawa didn't know how to feel. Y/n was someone who was special to him and now he despised her.

"Oikawa," Takemaera held both Oikawa's hands and smiled apologetically. "It's okay to hate her. She deserves it anyway. I knew she was using you all along but I knew that if I were to say it, you guys wouldn't believe me. So I had to get it out of her instead." She explained as she hugged Oikawa. He hugged her back and buried his head in her shoulder

"Why? All that time we spent meant nothing to her!" He yelled. Oikawa refused to let the tears fall.

"It's okay Oikawa. You have Hajime, B/f/n and me. I did this all because I wanted to protect you. I love you Oikawa," she said as she placed her lips on his.

Y/n's POV

As soon as I got inside my room I broke down crying. I hate myself. I don't deserve to live. I hurt my best friends and the only person I loved. Just when I feel like my life is going great, something bad happens. First I lost my mom, then B/f/n, then Hajime, then Oikawa. My dad's not here since he's on a business trip but I still feel like I've lost him too. I haven't gotten a call or text from him either. Why do the people I care most about always leave my life?