Open My Door (2/3)

Magsimula sa umpisa

She exited the house and made her way to her car. As she sat in the driver seat she opened a storage compartment and pulled out a CD. It was a CD that Lauren had made her for their first year anniversary. She kept it to help soothe her when she’s under a lot of stress. She inserted the CD in the player and began to drive away.

Happy First Anniversary Camzi! I love you. I read this poem and it reminded me of you. Of us actually” A raspy laugh echoed throughout the stereo followed by a pause. “Your hand reaches for mine. We kiss tentatively, passionately and then, tenderly. You brush my hair away from my face. ‘You’re beautiful.’ I wrinkle my nose in protest. ‘You are.’” Another pause. A familiar tune plays. It was their song. The song which played during their first kiss and dance. A singer they both adored, Ed Sheeran singing Tenerife Sea.

Camila brought her window down and put the song on blast as she drove by the mellow neighborhood. Tears gently streaming down her face while the wind wiped them away.

-

The brunette waited by her front door for Lauren. It was past 7, the time the green-eyed girl had said she was to supposedly come. She hates it when people are late. She checked her watch once again and huffed.

“I’m going to kick her ass.” She mumbled. Not a minute later she heard an engine roar from outside. She peeped from the glass window and found the soccer player in her black Audi parked in front of her house. Lauren waved the girl to come over but Camila stayed put. The green-eyed girl raised an eyebrow questioningly and mouthed ‘C’mon’ to the brunette. Camila only shook her head and gestured her to come to the front door.

Lauren rolled her eyes and exited her car. She stomped to the front door then placed a hand on the knob but before she could turn it, Camila flung it open as she glared at her.

“First rule. Be here ON time and come get the girl at her front door.” The petite girl growled and walked past Lauren. The soccer player’s eyes followed Camila as she watch the girl march to the passenger side and stood there patiently. Lauren scratched her head and slowly trailed after walking over to the driver side. She closed her door and side-eyed the brunette who still stood outside the door.

“It’s unlock!” Lauren hollered. Camila bent down to look Lauren in the eyes as she tapped her foot impatiently. The green-eyed girl rolled her eyes and realized what the girl was doing. She reached over the console to the passenger side and opened the door for the girl.

“Really, Lauren?” Camila raged. She opened the door wider and jumped in the seat. “Rule two. OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR FOR THE GIRL!”

“Why?” Lauren asked unfazed as she switched the gear to reverse.

“Are you serious? Its something called CHIVALRY.” The brunette scoffed. “And if you don’t know what that means then I tell you some synonyms: politeness, courteous, mannerism, gentlemanliness… should I continue?”

Lauren smiled a little as she listened to her ex-girlfriend rant. She thought it was cute how Camila would get so passionate and worked up on such tiny things. She knew what chivalry meant but it was more fun to hear Camila’s voice utter it. Besides, Lauren was on time, actually a little bit earlier but she didn’t want Camila to think she cared. And she would have opened the door for the girl but that would show that she was actually kind. She watched her ex become more anxious and annoyed at her each passing minute. It wasn’t her best move but it was the only time she could really admire the girl without seeming too eager.

“Are you listening?” Camila looked over the green-eyed girl who quickly put on a façade. Lauren stared straight ahead and nodded. “Whatever. Where are you taking Keana?”