Make Love to Me *

*Sexual Content*

“Lauren she’ll be here in a minute, stop prancing around like a lost puppy and help me bring in the pies please” Clara gives her a knowing glance, advising her to follow her to the garage. Lauren sighs and shuffles behind her mother through the house, past many relatives, and into the garage. As Clara moves the pies from the fridge to Lauren’s awaiting arms she speaks again.

“I understand you want to be with Camila and everything but you just saw each other literally-”

five days ago mom” Lauren stated as if it was the longest time ever. Clara gave her a disbelieving look before shutting the garage fridge and throwing her hands up in mock surrender.

“All I’m saying is you are with each other 24/7 and this is the only time you can see and visit with family you’d otherwise never-”

“Mom we already talked about this” Lauren sighs, “being around Camila on the road and being with her at home is completely different, honestly I feel like every time we go back on the road we just take a break because it’s too hard” Lauren stated sadly looking to the ground, “I feel like I’m seeing her for the first time since she came for thanksgiving because now we can actually be ourselves. You know how important that is to me. I hate hiding and I finally get to be around her with no worries with people I love who except us, can you blame me?” Lauren said looking earnestly at her mother. Clara took a breath and smoothed her shirt before kissing Lauren on the forehead.

“No honey” Clara said honestly with a smile before leading them both back in the house. Just as Lauren set down the pies in her arms on the counter, the doorbell rang and she almost dropped the last one.

“I got it!” She announced to about 15 people who weren’t about to get it anyways, and skips to the door. She opens the door to find her second aunt Lisa, and her smile slightly falters until she sees the top of a santa hat slightly poking out behind her shoulder and leans to look behind her. A shy looking Camila glances up from the tiled steps and offers her a nervous wave before Lauren rushes past her aunt to wrap her arms around her girlfriend. Camila’s just as eager to reciprocate but Lauren feels her slightly pull away after only a few moments. Lauren’s about to wish her a merry Christmas but Camila’s attention is fully fixed on something, or someone, behind them. Lauren spins to see a very dissatisfied looking Clara in the doorway.

“That was rude Lauren, you could have at least said hi to your aunt” She said with a look of disapproval.

“But-”

“Lauren just apologize and go spend some time with her” Camila quietly chimed in. Lauren spun around and shook her head, “but I wanna be with y-”

“Lauren” Camila said seriously, her eyes flicking back to Lauren’s mom before dropping to her own feet. She knows Clara isn’t mad at her or blaming her but her own conscious can’t help feel like it’s her fault Lauren is being rude towards her family members who are probably dying to get to see her after ages. Lauren sighs and turns back to her mom looking unamused.

“Fifteen minutes, just visit for fifteen minutes” Clara states as a deal, “then you and Camila can stick to yourselves or whatever you were planning to do as long as you stay at the house” Clara said with a small smile before motioning to Camila to come inside, “in the meantime, Camila I would love some help with the roast” Clara informed rather than asked as she pulled Camila into the kitchen with her.

Lauren huffed and stared at her retreating girlfriend. I didn’t even get to kiss her OR wish her a merry Christmas Eve yet, Lauren shakes her head and heads into the living room.