Lil One Shot

“Yeah Dinah, you’re right, now really, Camz needs to rest.”

“Ugh fine, I’ll come by tomorrow.”

“Bye Cheechee.”

“Bye Chancho, love you.”

Lauren closed the door to the hospital room very slowly after Dinah stepped out and turned back to Camila, who was lying restless on the hospital bed.

“How are you feeling?”

“I’m so tired, but I can’t sleep cause the nurse is supposed to bring Bella back in a few minutes so she can have some milk again.”

“God, I do not want to be in your position right now. Does your back still hurt?” Lauren sat at the edge of the bed and slowly ran her hand up and down Camila’s back.

“It’s better, considering they just removed 7 pounds off my body, but my boobs are pretty huge though,” Camila smiled.

“Yeah they are, “ Lauren laughed.

Camila smiled at Lauren’s laugh, it will forever be her favorite thing, she leaned in silently and Lauren brought herself closer, giving Camila a soft kiss.

“Thank you”

“For what?”

“Today has been one of the happiest days of my life. I never thought I could feel this amount of love in less than 24 hours. We have a baby, everything feels different.”

“It really does, it’s like we’re responsible for this little thing now and then she’s gonna grow up and we have to be there to raise her well, and make sure that she always knows she’s beautiful and enough, and that she’s happy, regardless of the circumstances. We are parents now, Laur. This is a big deal.”

“It is, it’s a huge deal, but we’re gonna be together every step of the way, and it will be a hell of a journey,” Lauren smiled, putting a loose strand of hair behind Camila’s ear. “I love you, so much.”

“I love you too”, Camila pecked Lauren on the lips repeatedly, making the other girl laugh. They were interrupted by a knock on the door.

“Excuse me, the princess needs some food,” the nurse smiled, bringing in the little girl.

“Oh, yes please come in,” Camila called out, Lauren stood up to go carry their daughter.

“Hi princess, you hungry?” Lauren cooed, carefully placing the little girl against her left shoulder. She placed a hand in the back of her neck, and placed it in Camila’s arms.

“You have a little scar there babe, “ Lauren pointed out as she saw a red line on Camila’s left nipple.

“Yeah, happened last time I fed her but it doesn’t hurt,” she said calmly. Camila now turned to the baby, “Hi there you,” she smile as she started breastfeeding.

After a few minutes, Lauren moved towards the bed and caressed Bella’s cheek with her thumb, “Is she drinking, or is she asleep?”

“She’s like in between, it’s weird,” Camila chuckled, “My boob is a little hard so the milk might not be coming out well”

“Do you want me to call a nurse?”

“No, here just help me by doing this,” Camila started massaging her boob, as to loosen up the milk, and Lauren soon was doing the same.

“Does that feel better?”

“Yeah, just keep doing that, that’s what the nurse said so…”

“Oh the nurse said that huh”

“Yeah, Lauren, you just had a daughter, stop thinking like that,”

“I’m sorry baby” Lauren stifled a laugh.

“You horn dog,” Camila whispered playing along, just loud enough so Lauren would hear.

Lauren placed a finger on Bella’s tiny ear, “shh you don’t wanna learn that kind of language baby,” she said to Bella, and lightly kissed her forehead.

Camila just laughed enjoying the moment, “Babe, I think she has to burp.”

“Ok here, let me get it,” Lauren carefully picked Bella up and placed her on her shoulder. She started walking around the room rubbing soft circles on the baby’s back. Bella suddenly burped really loudly, causing both her mothers to laugh loudly.

“Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree,” Lauren smiled at Camila.

“And you got lucky because now you have two of us,” Camila stuck her tongue out cutely.

“Sure am,” Lauren winked.

Lauren now laid on the couch with Bella curled up in her chest, fast asleep. Camila laid on the hospital bed looking at them, her eyelids heavy already.

“Camzi,” Lauren spoke up, playing with Bella’s little feet, wrapped up in a soft blanket, and kissing her delicate head once in a while.

“Mmhm”, Camila responded.

“Who’s gonna be the godmother?”

Camila sat up a little bit, she knew this conversation was gonna come up eventually. “I was thinking, it’s way too hard to choose in between the girls. Sofia is old enough now, and I don’t have any brothers so maybe Chris can be the godfather?”

Lauren turned her head slightly to look at her, “That sounds perfect, Taylor will have to be the next one though cause if not she’ll literally choke me to death.”

“Of course, that’s perfect, no need for you to be choked by your own sister,” Camila smiled sleepily.

“Go to sleep babe, you have to wake up in three hours to feed this little monster”

“Mmk,” Camila said, instantly drifting off to a deep sleep.

Lauren sat awake for a little longer, softly tracing patterns on her daughter’s back. She couldn’t believe this precious thing was hers, her daughter, she was a mom now, with Camila, after everything they had been through, everything seemed to fall in place with the warmth of Isabella pressed against her chest.