Chapter 35: Looking Forward

Start from the beginning

Glynda starts snickering while Dr. Oobleck and Professor Port look around like they have no idea what she's talking about.

Summer:  "Anyway, so there we were, standing in the auditorium, looking at Qrow wearing a skirt!  Then Ozpin tells everyone:  'It's time to work on our landing strategy!'"

Dr. Oobleck:  "The Branwen twins have always been... interesting, to say the least."

Professor Port:  "That didn't seem to stop young Summer."

Yang:  "Mom, what is he talking about?"

Summer:  "Well, I, umm... might have gone after your Uncle Qrow once or twice..."

Yang:  "What!?  That surly drunk!?  I don't believe it!"

Glynda:  "Yeah, I wish I didn't either."

Summer:  "Nothing ever happened, don't worry!  He shot me down.  But that's okay!  I have Y/N now!"

Glynda:  "Yes, we all do."

Summer:  "Yeah!  So lay off Pete!"

Professor Port:  "Oh come now, she's a mature woman now.  She can handle knowing a thing or two about her old lady."

Summer:  "That's not the issue here.  Besides, she's still a teenager."

Yang:  "'She' is also in the room and can be directly spoken to."  She gets off the counter.  "And 'I' think I've been through enough to be considered an adult at this point."

Summer:  "Adult or not, you still got a long way to go before you're ready for the real world."

Yang:  "Oh my gosh!  Does every mom just have the same three condescending phases?"

Summer:  "Yeah, but we only use them when we mean it!"

Yang:  "Is that so?"

Summer:  "As a matter of fact, it is so, so there!  Bleh!"  She sticks her tongue out.

Meanwhile, Professor Port, Dr. Oobleck, and Glynda are becoming increasingly uncomfortable.

Summer:  "If you honestly think that you're ready to go out there on your own, well, guess you lost some brain cells along with that arm of yours!"

Now that shocked everyone.  Everyone's looking at Summer now.  Dr. Oobleck even dropped his cup.

Everyone (thoughts):  "I can't believe she said that!"

Yang:  "You jerkface!" She says smiling and playfully punches her. 

Now they're both laughing while the other three are confused.

Dr. Oobleck:  "Are we finally talking about the Goliath in the room?"

They pause for second, then Summer and Yang laugh even harder, prompting laughter from the rest of the room.

Glynda:  "Miss Xiao Lo-" She stops herself.  "Yang, why haven't you tried on the arm yet?"

Dr. Oobleck:  "Oh yes yes!  A piece of Atlas technology being given out like that is rare indeed, not to mention the effort it took to deliver it here."

Professor Port:  "It seems that a lot of people want to see you return to your old self."

Yang:  "I'm... scared.  Everyone keeps talking about me getting back to normal and I appreciate it.  But... this is normal now.  It's just... taking me a while to get used to it."

Summer:  "Well, normal is what you make of it."

Yang:  "What is that supposed to mean?  Do you want me to pretend nothing happened?  I lost a part of me.  A piece of me is gone and it's never coming back."