He sighs. Sometimes he regrets being so harsh to Baekhyun.

[...]

"Chanyeol-ah... Chanyeol-ah" Baekhyun keeps shaking Chanyeol's shoulder.

The drunk slowly wakes up and Baekhyun tries to pull him up by holding his arms "C'mon dude, get up"

"Naga" (Let go) Chanyeol pulls his hands back with force to escape his hold and hugs his knees, hiding his face in his arms.

Baekhyun looks around, making sure that no one is around to see him like this "It's almost morning now, you need to go back to the dorm"

"I don't want to" his muffled voice is only audible to Baekhyun and he sighs in defeat.

He takes a look around. He counts the empty soju bottles that are laying on the floor. Four.

He then looks up to see the apartment number on the door. A sudden nostalgic feeling overwhelms him, he still feels like this door will open in any minute and she will appear with her beautiful smile to make his day.

He licks his lips and crosses his arms "Drinking this much won't bring her back and you know it"

"No shit Sherlock!" Chanyeol acts surprised and this earns him a deadpan look from Baekhyun.

He hides his face again, unwilling to get up "Just go, I don't need your help"

"You actually look like you do"

"I can come back on my own-" Chanyeol's words were interrupted by a loud hiccup.

Baekhyun smirks "Oh can you?"

"Yeah you smartass, I can"

"You can't even stand on your own, more likely you'll end up passing out on the road and BOOM you'll be the first talk all over the internet sites for at least two weeks!"

Now it's Chanyeol's turn to shoot him a deadpan look "Do you feel smart right now?"

"Very" Baekhyun smirks and Chanyeol shakes his head before hiding it in his arms again.

Baekhyun sighs heavily. He eventually takes a seat next to him.

Chanyeol looks at him, frowning "What are you doing?"

Baekhyun shrugs his shoulders "If you're staying here then so am I"

Chanyeol rolls his eyes "You are such a clinger sometimes-" he hiccups again.

"Whatever I'm not leaving you alone" Baekhyun insists, he crosses his arms and leans his back to the wall, determined to stay.

"Woah"

Chanyeol lifts his head and follows Baekhyun's gaze. He's eyes travel outside the wide window in front of them.

The sun is slowly rising, the sky is a mix of dark blue, purple and a bit of orange. The scenery is breathtaking.

"It's amazing right?" Baekhyun asks and Chanyeol only keeps staring at the colorful view.

After a few moments he hears Baekhyun's calmful voice again "You know Yeol, life is too short. I know everyone keeps saying that and I know how cliche it might sound but life is really just about moments. Before you know it they are gone and they are just a past memory."

Chanyeol turns to Baekhyun, for the first time in two years he finally listens to what his once best friend has to say and to his surprise... it actually feels good.

Baekhyun's eyes sparkle as he keeps looking at the sky "I mean, look at this. This view! It's just a moment but it's beautiful in a very simple way and tomorrow we will have already forgotten about it"

He looks at the side and they make eye contact "We need to live in the moment. You need to live in moment and enjoy what life has to give to you right now because later on you will regret it"

Baekhyun pauses, he gives Chanyeol a sad smile "I know, I miss her too... even the guys miss her-"

"It's not the same" Chanyeol corrects him and Baekhyun nods "Right it's not. Look we gave you time, you cried and missed her, you drank and missed her but that's enough... you should stop now and carry on with your life"

Baekhyun lifts his eyes outside the window again. The sky looks a bit brighter than before, having a mix of purple and orange and pink.

Chanyeol keeps staring at the boy next to him with his swollen eyes. After staying silent for a while he finally decides to say it "You really liked her"

Baekhyun looks him in the eye and Chanyeol nods in realisation "Ji Young. You really liked her, didn't you?"

Baekhyun stares deeply in his eyes before looking at the sky again "I did"

Chanyeol frowns, his hangover headache slowly piercing through his mind "Did you... did you get over your feelings for her?"

Baekhyun's brown eyes keep examining the sky's lighter colors. Orange, yellow and light blue.
Rays of yellowish sunlight enter the silent hallway.

A bitter-sweet smile forms on his lips. "Did you?"

~~
Hi! It's exams period for me right now, how about you?

Looks like things are off to a good start for the two best friends now. I'm sure everyone's going to enjoy the next chapter ^^

~If you didn't notice, in this chapter I tried to compare the colors of the sky (from dark to bright) to Chanyeol's feelings (from hurt to slowly deciding to let go & move on). I'm happy with how it turned out~

-Do you guys miss Ji Young?

Let me know in the comments!
Please vote☆

~Take care,
Kate