Missing Partner.

"Go on," Bethany urged as she and Matt made their way into Matt's law office the next morning. "You guys need to talk."
"That's if he wants to talk, Beth," Matt said with a slightly agitated tone in his voice. The younger Murdock sibling took a step foreward and glared up at her older brother. "Why is it so hard for you guys to just talk about what is going on?" She sighed.
"And don't say it's because you're men. That is a worn out cliche´," she said as she opened the door that led to her brother and his best friend's offices. She held the door open for her brother, who used his walking stick to guide him into the open reception area. At her desk, Karen Page gave them a small, worried smile .

Bethany glanced around the office, noticing what had alerted Karen. "Shit," she said. She took out her phone and dialed a number in her contacts quickly.

"What's wrong?" Matt asked as he glanced ij his sister's general direction. She just gave him a look. "Foggy hasn't shown up yet," she said. She looked at the clock that was on her phone as it rang.
"He's late."
Matt brought his hand up to his forehead and he rubbed his temple. "Shit," he muttered under his breath.
Bethany nodded. When Foggy didn't pick up his phone, she felt her anxiety almost go through the roof.
"Franklin Nelson!'' She began as she was sent to his voice mail. Both Matt and Karen turned their heads in unison as they heard her use the most parental voice that she could muster.
"You had better have a damn good reason why you haven't come into work!" Bethany went on. Her voice becoming more and more distressed as she spoke. When she was done, she disconnected the call and shoved her phone into her shirt pocket. She had decided to wear a mini skirt and button up shirt with leggings on underneath and flats.
Karen was dressed in a light summary dress to help combat the lack of cool air that was the result of her brother not being paid in actual cash from his clients. What they didn't have in cash, though, they had paid with fans and food. But they couldn't keep the firm open with just that. Bethany had offered to help pay some of their expenses, such as eleteric. But Matt had turned her down. He kept telling everyone that they would be fine.

But in truth, he was just as worried as they were.