Mommy's home.

After dealing with the rude lady, Matt took Anya to a near by booth after they finished getting their order taken. As soon as they sat down, Anya climbed into her Daddy's lap. She smiled big as their food was brought over, forgetting about how upset she had been just a few moments prior. She dug into her happy meal like she opening presents on Christmas. She squealed with excitement as she reached the toy that was at the bottom of the box. She took it out as Matt reached over and opened up her apple juice. She put the toy down and grabbed the box from her father, taking a sip. She leaned back and enjoyed her juice while Matt enjoyed his meal, enjoying the moment with her.
As their dinner wore on, Anya devored her food, letting out a burp when she was done. Matt let out a laugh. "Excuse me," she giggled. Then her face turned serious. "Daddy?" She said, holding his arm. "Yes, Sweetie?" He asked her. "I gotta go potty," she said. Matt slid out of the seat, setting her down as he got to his feet. He took her hand in his and she led him to the rest rooms. Peaking inside, she went into one of the stalls while Matt waited outside. As he waited, he listened to the sounds of the world around him. When he picked up on one particular sound, a man who had entered the resturant under the influence, he gripped his walking stick. When he heard Anya flush the toilet and wash her hands, he held the door open for her as the other man stumbled past them. Anya made a face and waved one of her hands infront of her face as she and Matt headed back to their table to get her bookbag.

Once she had her book bag on, she reached her hands up and Matt picked her up and held her tightly as they walked home.  Anya rested her head on her Father's shoulder, feeling tired from her day. As they walked home, she fell asleep. Matt kissed her head, listening to her quiet breathing as she slumbered. As they got home, Matt sensed a familiar presence that he hadn't felt in a long time. He gripped the door handle and opened it slowly, trying not wake the child drooling onto her shoulder as she snored softly.
He put her to bed and tucked her in, giving her a kiss on the forehead as he felt someone walk up behind him.
"She has gotten so big," a familiar voice said quietly. "She's beautiful."
Matt turned around, heading out of the room. His visitor following soon behind him. Matt shut the door quietly and he turned to face the person who was talking to him. He put one hand on his hip and one to the bridge of his nose, pinching it slightly. "What do you want, Elektra?"