Ambushed

"Are you ready?" Elektra called, glancing over a rack of jean skirts. She had come with Anya to do some back to school shopping. Anya was going through the t shirts, looking for any that had cool designs on them. She held up one, showing it to her mother. "Can I have this one, please?" she asked with eyes pleading.  Elektra turned and looked at the shirt. She shook her head. "No," she said  firmly.  

"Why not?" the young girl pleaded. 

"It's not for young girls."

The younger Murdock rolled her eyes.  "You're so old."

Elektra shot her a look. "I'm not old," she said. "I'm wise." Her attention shifted when  she heard some noise coming from the opposite direction. "We need to go," she said, grabbing Anya's hand and making her drop the clothes that she was holding.  Anya tried to struggle against her mother, until her mother shot her a look. "Listen to me," Elektra wisphered sternly, "this is not the time or place to start a fight with me, " She said as a  sai came flying past her and  nearly hitting the young girl in the face.

Elektra grabbed the sai before it hit her child, slinging it back at the person  who was trying to attack them. Tossing Anya into a dressing room as two members of the Hand came out from behind them. Anya landed on her side, watching her mother fight the others. She brought her hands up the ledge , looking for something sharp to defend herself with. Just as she reached up, a boot landed on her hand, breaking it. Looking up, she looked into the eyes of one of the members of the Hand. As he leaned down, Anya screamed loudly, causing Elektra to send the one she was fighting flying into the room and grabbing the other guy. She looked at her daughter. "Look away sweetie and close your eyes, " she said quietly. 

Anya did as she was told,  and once she did, Elektra drove her sai into the other man, tossing him out of the room.  Once she saw that was clear, she helped Anya get to her feet, heading out of the store and to their car. 

Matt bound into the ER, having gotten a frantic phone call from Elektra. When he got to the room where Anya and Elektra were , He walked over and put his arms around his daughter. Anya hugged him tightly, shaking slightly.  Matt held her tightly.  "What happened?" he asked, turning to look at Elektra,  who had blood on her shirt . Elektra leaned in close to Matt's ear.  "The Hand ambushed us," she said in a low voice. She glanced at their daughter's hand. "They broke her hand, " she added , reaching over and taking their child's hand in hers softly.  Anya kept her head close to her father for comfort. Matt put his chin ontop of her head, kissing the top of her head as he rubbed her back. On the outside, he was calm. Inside, however, he was seething.  His daughter was injured. He wasn't going to let this go unpunished.