The Coming Storm.

Elektra just shifted her gaze between the man who she loved and their child. To say that she was only see their daughter would be a lie. She came to warn Matthew about a threat to the one good thing that they had made together.
"I needed to make sure that she was safe," she said with a wispher. "Of course she's safe," Matt said. "I try my hardest to keep her safe."
"Does she know about your other life?" Elektra asked, sitting down on the couch.
Matt shook his head. "No. That's part of how I am trying to keep her safe. The less she knows about that part of my life, the better."
"So what do you tell her when she askes you?"
"She hasn't," Matt said. "Not yet at least."
Elektra glared at him. "She's not an idiot, Matthew. She'll find out eventually about you do after dark."
"I don't do that shit anymore," he told her, putting his hands on his hips. He had hung up the horns after Anya was born. In an effort to keep her safe from his enemies. He thought it best to retire as the Devil of Hells Kitchen and just be Matt Murdock.
"And?" Elektra pressed, leaning over. "How is it going trying to squash those cravings?"
Matt sat down next to her. "I will admit that there are times were I miss it. But then I think about Anya. And I think about how much she means to me. She needs a parent who will be there for her. Not just when it's convenient."
Elektra slapped him hard across the face. "Do you really think that I enjoy being away from my own flesh and blood?!" She gestured towards the door that led to where the littlest Murdock was sleeping.
Matt scoffed. "You ran the second after she was born," he shot back. "I ran to keep her safe. If The Hand found out about her. They would kill her. "
"You lead The Hand," Matt retorted.
"Matthew," Elektra said with a shift in her tone. "They know I have a child. Here in New York. They are coming to find out who it is."
Matt's heart started to race. He looked at Elektra, than at the sleeping form of their daughter who was peacefully slumbering. Totally unaware that her parents were in panic mode.
"If they put a hand on her.." Matt said.
He balled his hands up into fists.
"Matthew, you have to train her," Elektra said. Matt shook his head. "Not yet, she's too young. She deserves to be a kid first. Not a weapon."
"Normally I would agree, but her life is in danger!" Elektra pointed out. "We're not always going to be around to protect her."
"You sound like Stick," Matt said. He rubbed his temples with his finger tips. Elektra slapped him again. "Don't compare me to that stupid old man! He would have taken her for training and disobeyed our wishes."
"What do you mean 'ours'?" Matt said. He glared at the mother of his child.
"I love you, Elektra. I always have and I always will. But you come and go as you please. Anya doesn't need that kind of person in her life. "

Elektra felt her eyes well up. Genuine tears started to fall down her cheeks. She had been elated when she found out that she and Matthew were going to be parents. But when Anya was born, she had heard about someone coming after her daughter. So in an effort to keep The Hand off of Anya's scent, she vanished. But she kept an eye on her little girl. Even from afar. She knew that Anya was safest with her father. And it killed her not to see her child on a day to day basis. But she also knew that the longer that she stayed away, the greater the chance that Anya would have to be able to grow up. Like Matt, Elektra had high hopes for their little girl.

But The Hand found out eventually that she had bore a child. Luckily, they hadn't discovered what the child's name was. Yet. But they were getting close.

And she was terrified.