Valentine's Day

"Come on, Daddy!" Anya called out as she pulled Matt along the aisles. Thanksgiving had passed, along with Christmas.  Now they were focusing on Valentine's Day. Matt chuckled lightly as his child dragged him through every card aisle.
"Calm down Sweetheart," he soothed. "We'll find the perfect card for your Mom."
Anya didn't reply right away, she was laser focused on her goal. Stopping in front of some Valentine's Cards for Mom's, she put on a serious face as she scanned over all the cards she could reach. Looking up, she tugged on her father's pants leg. "Up please," she said.

Matt bent down and he lifted her into his arms, holding her as close as he could. Her eyes locked on a card and she reached for it. She smiled, finding the perfect card. Grabbing the envelope that accompanied it, she held onto both tightly as Matt walked her over to the flower department. 

As they looked around, Anya spotted some flowers that she thought her mother loved. When they had a dozen together, they had them tied together.  Anya clapped her hands as her father paid for the flowers.  "Mommy is gonna love these!" Anya smiled brightly as they said headed over to the candy aisle to pick out Elektra's favorite candy.  Once they were done with that,  Matt paid for the candy and the card, holding them and the flowers in one hand and Anya in the other. 
"Mommy is gonna love these," he said as they neared the apartment door. Anya smiled brightly.  "I hope so," she said as Matt set her down so he could open the door. Helping with the door, Anya let out a small grunt as it opened. "Mama!!" She called out, running into the apartment. "We have some gifts for you!"