FIFTY SIX

"Something this big and long is going to be difficult to maneuver

"Something this big and long is going to be difficult to maneuver."

----------

"Who wants some of my special homemade brownies?" Rachel brought over a plate of the baked sweets. Phoebe and I grabbed one each.

"I will have one." Ross and Chandler reached over. 

"Oh! Oh!" She took a bite and immediately spit out. I looked down at my brownie hesitantly.

"That's okay. I am not going to have one." Chandler and Ross put their brownies back on the plate.

"No, no. It's just my tooth." She waved us off.

"Alright, I'll have one." They each got one again.

"So what's the matter? Do you need a dentist?" I furrowed my brows in slight confusion. "I've got a good one."

"Thanks, I have a good one, too." She cleaned up her mess. "I just...I can't see him." She cleared her throat.

"See, that is the problem with invisible dentists." Chandler joked.

"Why can't you go to him?" I nibbled on the edge of my brownie.

"Because...every time I go to the dentist, somebody dies." She admitted.

"That is so weird. Because every time I go to the dentist, I look down the hygienist's blouse." Chandler nodded his head with Ross.

"Phoebe, what, um...what?" Rachel leaned against the couch.

"First there was my Aunt Mary, and then there John, my mailman, and then my cowboy friend, Albino Bob." She listed out sadly.

"And all of these people actually died?" My eyes widened in surprise.

"Yes. While I was in the chair." She nodded her head. "That's why I take such good care of my teeth now, you know? It's not about oral hygiene. I floss to save lives." She winced in pain because of her tooth.

"Come on, Pheebs. You didn't kill anybody." Ross reassured her. "These people just happened to die when you went to the dentist. It's–It's just a coincidence." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, tell that to them. Oh, you can't. They're dead!" She exclaimed. We headed down to Central Perk since Rachel's shift was about to start. I got a scone for me and a latte for Joey.

"Hey, is Chandler here?" Joey and Monica came into the coffee shop. Ross felt himself.

"No. No, he's not." Ross shook his head. 

"You guys, Joey just saw Janice kissing her ex–husband." Monica confessed to us. I handed Joey his coffee as he sat down next to me on the couch.

"What?" We all let out in shock. "What are you going to do?" Rachel, Phoebe, Ross, and I turned to Joey. "How are you going to tell Chandler?"

"I was thinking about that, and I think the best way would be...to not." He answered.