“I didn’t know you could cook,” you murmured, causing him to crack a smile.

“Many people believe that I am incapable of even getting dressed [Name],” Rufus shook his head. “Of course though, I don’t blame them being that I am constantly guarded. However, it seems rumors spread too easily.”

“They’re rumors, Rufus,” you shrugged, shuffling over to the stove and leaning against the counter beside it. “People get entertainment from it, or some kind of satisfaction.”

“I agree completely,” he nodded, sliding diced jalapeños into the frying pan.

“So what are you making with~,” you glanced at the ingredients laying on the counter,” red wine for oil, diced veggies, meat, and rice?”

“I have the most peculiar taste for Oriental foods,” Rufus chuckled. “Care to try some when I finish?”

You nodded and smiled,” Of course! But at least allow me to help!”

***

Inside the shinobi laboratory, test subjects floated lifelessly in full body cylinders of eerie green mako. Tubes and wires connected to them, currents of different substances mixed with the liquid. Their newest addition came earlier; his actions causing him to be chained, from a metal linked line that hung from the ceiling of the high room. He was shirtless, hair drenched in sweat, the wires connected to his body having a stronger impact without the mako to slightly nullify them. His kudan key and weapon chain in a flask of mako themselves, restrained from usage.

Axel grunted, another jolt of electricity going through his body. His chained wrists seeped blood slightly, knuckles white as he clenched them to keep himself from yelling in agony. The voltage stopped abruptly as someone entered the laboratory, causing the redhead’s body to jerk forward violently, huffing for air—a single drop of sweat slowly falling from his cheek…or was it a tear? Even he couldn’t tell anymore—it hurt that much.

The unknown person talked to the scientist before the shackles on Axel were removed, and he weakly fell to the floor, unable to stand. The same person handcuffed him and dragged him the first few feet down the concrete barricaded walls until he feebly stood, dragging his feet as his breath came out ragged, his golden eyes shifting around, panicking for some way out of the hell he had been through in the last few hours.

Finally, the shinobi who had been dragging him entered a well lit room, causing Axel to flinch from the blinding light. Inside, shelves of endless books stood firmly throughout, as well as desks and chairs. Unlike most of what he’d seen, the flooring here was a dark red carpet, the walls wood planked, with long rectangular florescent bulbs overhead. He was brought to the desk all the way in the back where a teen in solely black had his legs up on the table, toying with the phone that had been snatched from the redhead’s pocket.

“Hello Axel,” he greeted lazily, not bothering to look up from the screen, waving off the shinobi.

“YOU,” Axel snarled back. “Why did you do this to me!? HOW did you do this to me!? Huh, Ryuushin!? Give me a damn answer!”

“So Koji was right; she told you my name,” the ravenette chuckled bitterly. “In fact, I’m sure she told you everything. Well my little puppet, you’re gonna help me get [Name] and your friends—that is if you value your life you little manwhore.”

“I’ve changed,” he grunted. “I’m not like that anymore. I’d rather die than help you—got it memorized!?”

“Hm,” he snorted,” strong words for a kid.”

“Me, kid? Che, what are you—an adult?”

“Trust me Axel, we could go on and on like this, but the only thing we’d be doing is waste time,” Ryuushin stood, tossing the phone at Axel’s knees. Currently on the screen, there was a map of Hollow Bastion. It was zoomed in to Edoera, precisely the old house that had been burned down by the teen’s hand earlier. “Just as I expected, you burned down the house—great job by the way.”

[KH/FF] Treachery of Fate: Blood and Betrayalजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें