Chapter 24

The next morning, the alarm on your phone woke you up at 6A.M. You excitedly sat up and turned it off before going through your morning routine. After getting dressed and tying up your hair in the usual pony tail, you slung your backpack over your shoulder and skipped down the stairs with Noctis’ uniform in hand. As you entered the kitchen for breakfast, Fai was making some food while Wasurete was on his laptop at the counter. Kurogane was outside watering the plants.

“Morning~” you sang taking a seat beside Wasurete.

“Heya [Nickname]-chan,” Fai smiled from the stove.

“Morning [Name],” Wasurete nodded as he took a sip of coffee. He then gestured towards the uniform on the counter as you pulled your binder out to organize it,” Isn’t that a guy’s uniform?”

Fai immediately turned around,” Is that your boyfriend’s!?”

“No!” you frowned,” It’s my friend Noctis’. I got hurt last week so he kept me from bleeding by using his shirt. That reminds me, Fai-san do you have a box I can put it in?”

He chuckled and nodded,” Wasurete-kun, do you mind giving her one from the craft closet?”

“Craft closet?” you raised an eyebrow following Wasurete out of the kitchen.

He nodded,” Hiro likes to use clay a lot, Natsu likes painting, Isamu likes sketching; Fai decided he’d just have a closet for the supplies so it doesn’t take up too much space,” he said stopping at a door.

“Well, he did always like to keep things organized,” you added, looking for a good sized box, but couldn’t see since it was at the top. “Wasurete, can you find me one? I’m too short to see anything,” you huffed, crossing your arms.

“Hai,” he chuckled and randomly reached for one,” How about this?” It was a plain white, and just the right size.

“Perfect, thank you!” you smiled taking it.

“No problem,” he nodded, and closed the closet, making way back to the kitchen where Kurogane was now looking over a paper from your folder and Isamu beside him in the full uniform- including the blazer- eating a bowl of cereal.

“Oji-san, that’s an invasion of privacy,” you scolded, snatching the paper away from him.

“Why didn’t you mention that you got a referral to the academic decathlon team?” Kurogane asked, taking a bite of toast.

“I dunno, it didn’t seem like such a big deal,” you shrugged.

“You should join,” Isamu said, you turned to him in surprise,” What? [Nickname]-chan, you’re smart, you can do it.”

“I agree!” Natsu entered the room wearing the full uniform with the blazer, chewing on a granola bar,” It’ll be a good experience for you!”

“But there’s so much work~” you whined,” I’ll join next year,” you waved him off and turned to the bowl of ramen Fai had placed in front of you.

“You better, next year or I’ll make you,” Kurogane scoffed.

“And if I don’t?”

“Then you’re grounded.”

“Geez, fine mommy I’ll do it next year,” you mumbled; Fai and Wasurete exchanged amused glances as Kurogane glared at the two.

“Morning everyone!” Raizo bounced into the room followed by Kazuki and Hiro. Kazuki wore the same as Isamu and Natsu, but Raizo sported the uniform you only saw a few wear consisting of baggy uniformed gray pants, a white collared shirt with the black tie, and a gray uniformed sweater beneath. He stopped short when seeing your food,” Ooh~ are we having ramen!?”