Chapter 39

The raven haired male walked into the large hall, his dark eyes scanning the surprised faces of his colleagues. There was a cocky smirked plastered on his face which was cupped by his neck length hair. Approaching the man who raised him, he kneeled and bowed formally, sitting himself on the floor before the man who was the first to speak in the quiet hall.

“You have wasted valuable time you could have used to gather your strength and new skills on a stupid assumption. As of now, if this doesn’t satisfy the need for me to have called a meeting on the entire consortium, I shall banish you from here. Now, present to me what has been clouding your mind for almost two months now.”

“As you wish,” the ravenette smirked and took off the backpack he was wearing, placing it between him and the elderly man. He then pulled out a glass and a metal tin, as well as broken pieces of jade.

“What do you expect me to do with this?” the man asked in a skeptical tone.

“Watch,” the teen rolled his eyes.

Opening up the tin can, he poured water into the glass. There was an eerie green tint to it, and in the light it sparkled radiantly. He then took the jade pieces and dropped it into the water. A flash of light illuminated the room with the same shade of green as the water had been tinted and it opened a sphere of the light. The teen touched it lightly and a portal opened up beside him. He then took the pieces out of the water, causing it all to disappear.

“What was that? Witchcraft?” the elderly man asked.

“No sir,” he chuckled. “The water in the river close to here is infected with something. I have yet to figure out where it leads to, but it opens up when I mix it with jade. I think it may lead us to her- perhaps the others as well.”

“Ahh,” the old man chuckled as well,” I see you have put much effort into this. Well then, why don’t you go see? If you are able to come back- report to me the findings.”

“That’s the thing, I have already gone. It appears that I had landed in a place called Destiny Islands. I doubt it is on this Earth that is why I’m not sure exactly where it leads. Some people there have tremendous power. I also made a few acquaintances,” he smirked.

“Oh? Hm… Have you found out what this is called then?” the aged man scratched his white beard.

“On their land this water seems to be infested with something called mako. This jade appears to be made of materia- a basis created from the mako. When drunk by a person, the water gives them something called Geostigma. However, it only takes effect on their world.”

“How did this get here then?”

“As I said sir, some people from that world have power. They must have come to this world just as I have come to theirs.”

“I see. Well,” the man stood. “I certainly feel that we will find who we are looking for there. I believe that she is still breathing.”

“Yes sir I believe so as well,” the ravenette nodded and stood.

A female teen sharing the same raven hair stood, her blue eyes shining with delight. “Sir, may I accompany my boyfriend on his next journey to the world?”

The old man nodded and waved her off,” Only if he wishes it. As for the rest of you, train harder than you ever have before and be ready to make a move if needed. You however,” he turned back to the raven haired teen,” Have done me proud- your dead brother would be proud… Therefore, I assign you the mission of learning more about this place called Destiny Islands or whatnot.”

“Yes sir,” he bowed and left the meeting hall.

Outside, the teen sighed and leaned against a nearby wooden building with crossed arms. He wore a plain t-shirt, skinny jeans, and chucks- all of which were black. It had been a while since he wore the normal attire and he surprisingly found himself missing it. However, in order to keep himself looking like just another harmless citizen, he had to for his research. He himself has changed as well- that innocent look he had two months ago was now replaced with a mature, and even handsome look- although, he was sure someone wouldn’t think so.