Chapter 37

It was now Thursday, and despite the news you got yesterday, you knew you had to be strong and keep your head up no matter what. You were counting on you, but most importantly your friends were counting on you not to give up- and you weren’t about to let them down. If you could fight someone 3 times your size, you could fight Geostigma.

Once you made sure your bandages were properly placed, you pulled on your socks and skipped down the stairs in your uniform- ignoring the pain it had on your leg so nobody would ask questions about it later at school. The kitchen was bustling with the normal morning routine, and taking your first class into consideration, you eyed a target to obtain an easy breakfast. Natsu had just gotten a yogurt from the fridge and you bounced past him, grabbing it and a plate of bacon from Vergil’s hands, sitting yourself on the countertop beside Rika.

“Hey [Nickname]-chan,” she smiled, taking a piece of bacon.

“Morning Riki-chan!” you smiled. “Hey everyone? Sorry about my behavior yesterday. Especially you Dante and you too Kazuki,” you frowned.

“It’s fine babe,” Dante smiled.

“Yeah, we’re good,” Kazuki smiled as well.

“You’re going through a lot we know,” Isamu nodded.

“No matter what, we’ll always be here for you [Nickname]-chan!” Noa chirped.

“That’s right! We’ll get through this,” Nero winked.

“Together! So don’t apologize, you had a right to be mad,” Raizo grinned.

“But-” Vergil ate the yogurt that was on your spoon,” That doesn’t give you the right to steal our food,” he chuckled.

You frowned,” I didn’t steal it- I borrowed it.”

“Oh really?” Natsu raised an eyebrow,” Well I’ll just borrow your laptop then!”

“Her laptop?” Touya eyed him skeptically,” Why?”

“To camera whore- duh,” you and Rika answered matter of factly.

“Dude,” Wasurete shook his head,” No wonder the memory in my laptop is clogged. You weren’t even doing homework!”

“Hey, it’s an assignment to be stylish!” Natsu stuck his tongue out.

“Oh you want style? Did you hear about the eye patch?” Wasurete stood raising a sleeve of his sweater.

“No what is it?”

“Natsu run!” Kazuki called.

He sped out of the kitchen at Kazuki’s words and Wasurete followed after him. Touya pulled his phone out,” YouTube moment!”

“You’re right!” Noa followed him,” I’m not missing this!” The other boys nodded in agreement and trailed him. After a moment, you heard a crash and Kurogane yell.

On the way to school, you found that Kero was still here, and in order for you not to get into another fight, Kurogane forced you to take him as protection. Until you met up with Zell, Fuu, Riku and Sora at the end of Edoera, he perched himself on your shoulder- but then fled into your backpack when seeing Zell who was usually the first one there.

With Sora, Raizo, and Roxas by your sides, you made way to P.E. hoping they wouldn’t notice your slight limping. All was going well with Sora and Raizo chatting animatedly to one another until Roxas noticed that you were walking slower than usual. Waving him off that you were only tired from a bad sleep, you entered the girls’ locker room. However, the three of them didn’t seem convinced as they walked off to the boys’ side.