Chapter 15

A few hours later, you woke when feeling your phone vibrate. Outside your room, you heard voices of people chatting away, and you guessed that they all were finding their rooms. Stretching, you pulled your phone out of your pocket and yawned as you checked for any messages. There weren’t any, you had just pressed something when sleeping since you hadn’t put it on key guard. Shoving your phone into your pocket, you sighed and sat up, remembering that you didn’t even bother to check who your roommate was.

You jumped down your bed instead of going down the ladder like a normal half asleep person would and turned to see a boy with sleek black hair on the bottom bunk leaned against the wall. Absorbed in a Sudoku book, the pencil twirling around in his gloved hand, his blue eyes scanned the page in utter concentration. He didn’t notice you there and you took into consideration that he was wearing headphones. His hair looked different and was longish; covering most of his forehead, whereas other chunks of it fell against the sides of his face. He wore the black uniform pants instead of the shorts and they were tucked into black combat boots.

“Noctis?” you asked and sat on the ladder.

He looked up in surprise and removed the headphones from his ears, putting the Sudoku book down as well. “Finally awake huh?” he asked with a smile.

You returned it and nodded,” Yeah I was pretty tired. What time is it?”

He glanced at the clock that you hadn’t noticed before,” 4:30. We haven’t landed yet but entered the Destiny Island time zone already. If we were at Hollow Bastion, I’d assume that it’d be maybe 11 or 12 o’clock,” he turned back to you. “I’ve seen you around, but I don’t think we’ve been properly introduced.”

“Wait, what?” you furrowed your eyebrows in confusion. “Noctis, you don’t remember me?”

“Noctis?” he raised his eyebrows then gave a light chuckle shaking his head. “No, no, I’m Cid- Cid Raines Caelum- but I go by just Cid Raines. Noctis is my younger brother. I’m 17, and a junior, my brother is about to turn 16. He’s a sophomore.”

“Oh,” you scratched the back of your head in embarrassment. “Sorry about that, you guys really look alike. I’m [Name] by the way. [Name] [Surname].

“Cid smiled and nodded,” So that’s your name. I feel stupid for not knowing earlier, being that everyone knows you.”

You sighed deeply and laid your head on the higher ladder step,” Yeah, especially since yesterday. Not like I asked for all the attention though,” you grumbled the last part.

“I understand completely,” he sighed.

“That’s right; you and your brother are princes or something right?”

He nodded,” Princes of the Caelum Dynasty.”

“That’s pretty cool,” you nodded, then decided to change the subject, being that his smile had disappeared. “So, need help with that Sudoku puzzle?” you asked with a smirk.

A smile played at his lips as he nodded,” Sure, I could use the company.”

Cid shifted himself to give you room and pushed the Sudoku book between the two of you. Like him, you found comfort in leaning against the wall and examined the almost completed puzzle. He gave you one side of the headphones as a Beethoven symphony played; the piano giving the room a relaxing atmosphere. While working on the puzzle, the two of you got carried away in joking around with each other and you soon realized that your head was on his shoulder, his arm around you. It felt weird, yet there was nothing weird about it; you weren’t doing anything wrong, and you were thankful that he wasn’t flirting with you. A knock came to the door and neither of you bothered to acknowledge it. A few more knocks came and since the two of you still didn’t hear it, the door swung open, Cloud’s eyes narrowing at the sight of the closeness being shared. A few of the guys poked their heads through the door and so did a few angry girls.