Chapter 46

“Hey, [Nickname]-chan, get up,” someone shook you lightly.

“W-What?” you yawned and rubbed your eyes. “Raizo?”

“You’re coming for blitz tryouts aren’t you?” he asked, pulling on a white shirt.

“Oh shoot!” you shot up. “What time is it!?”

“Relax, I knew you wouldn’t miss them, I’m not as gullible as Dante,” he grinned.

“I heard that prettyboy!” Dante called from the stairs.

Raizo waved him off,” You have an hour to get ready. Tide told me that tryouts are at the beach, so we’re gonna take an airship somewhere.”

“Phew,” you exhaled with relief,” Thanks.”

“No prob,” he gave you a thumbs up. “You might havta sneak in though.”

“Why?” you frowned, getting out of bed.

“C’mon, you really think those guys will be okay with you playing?” he called over his shoulder, as he left the room.

“Good point,” you muttered.

Once you showered, you pulled your hair into a high ponytail, and slipped a loose white off the shoulder shirt and black baggy cargo shorts that extended to the base of your knees. Satisfied with your look, you went downstairs and grabbed a packet of Pop Tarts, inserting the food into the toaster. While you waited, you poured yourself a small cup of coffee.

“Didn’t we already establish you shouldn’t have coffee?” Wasurete raised an eyebrow as he sat himself on a stool and typing away on his laptop.

“Who are you my brother?” you stuck your tongue out, putting in sugar.

He waved a finger at you speaking in a mocking tone, which ended up sounding a bit like Cloud,” Why yes, actually I am. You’re already short enough [Name]- you’re just making it worse.”

You rolled your eyes and smiled,” I’m not short,” you grabbed the Pop Tarts that had come back up and sat across from him at the kitchen island. “You guys are just freakishly tall.”

“I’m 6’2, that’s average,” he stuck his tongue out.

“What’s this? Is Wasurete actually being childish?” Fai raised an eyebrow, coming into the kitchen,” And my [Nickname]-chan is awake earlier than noon on a weekend, wearing something other than black!?” he gasped,” What’s the world coming to!?”

“Ha, ha,” you said sarcastically and scowled, taking a bite of your food.

“Going for the tryouts huh?” Kurogane stated, coming in from the backyard.

“You know it!” you grinned.

“Tryouts for what?” Wasurete asked curiously.

“Blitzball,” you shrugged, finishing the remainder of your food.

“BLITZBALL?” his eyes widened. “You’re letting her tryout for BLITZBALL and nobody told me!?”

“Hey we didn’t even know until yesterday,” Kurogane shrugged.

Fai sighed,” Here we go…”

“Okay one: I’m offended by that Fai-san,” he crossed his arms and turned to you. “Two: I don’t approve of you playing [Name]- that stuff is brutal. And three: Even so, I could’ve helped you. I was MVP at Twilight Town Academy all four years.”

“You contradicted yourself,” Kurogane chuckled, taking a glass bottle from the fridge.

“It’s too early for sake Kuro-sama!” Fai scolded.