Chapter 67

“It’s not what you think!” Akinori said in your defense, breaking up the murmurs.

“Zero, I appreciate you’re so supportive of [Name], but you don’t have to take up a new appearance. We all know who you are,” Fai smiled softly.

“Fai-san? I’m over here,” Zero waved beside Kurogane.

“Huh?” the blonde furrowed his eyebrows. “Then who…?”

“Aniki! Noa ran to the top of the staircase with a shirtless Wasurete whose air dried hair looked like it had gone through a hurricane. “[Nickname]-chan’s not— eh?” he scratched the back of his bedridden hair. “What’s going on here?”

From Wasurete’s point of view, the scene looked like Akinori was a henchmen of Jihl’s- holding you back- while she tried to get in a hit at you. With Reno behind her in an identical mask of anger, it only made sense to him that everyone else was in too much shock to move. Unfortunately just like most people, he didn’t know of the power stronger kudans had to take on their human form.

Without wasting a second, Wasurete jumped onto the railing of the staircase and slid down as if he were riding a snowboard. He leapt off the edge and flew through the air, pushing you onto the couch while at the same time he tackled Akinori to the floor, pinning him down as he glared with silver eyes.

“Who the hell are you?!” Wasurete growled.

Akinori blinked, having the ravenette on top of him fly into the wall right of the downstairs hall without even lifting a finger, before pushing himself up with his hands. “I’m here to protect her,” he gestured to you,” and despite the fact you’re her aniki, I do NOT like being touched Heika.”

“I’M here to protect her,” the ravenette slowly stood. “You didn’t answer my question.”

“Okay!” Nero grumpily pushed past Reno and Jihl. “WHAT the HELL could possibly be more important than my sleep right now!? It’s 5AM on a SUNDAY!”

“Finally! Someone points it out!” Raizo groaned from upstairs.

“Yeah! Us guys need our beauty sleep too!” Vaan pouted Reks sighing in embarassment.

“[Name] kissed my brother!” Reno grunted.

“Isn’t your brother deceased?” Sephiroth cocked an eyebrow.

“That’s what makes it disgusting! I don’t know what she’s trynna do with Axel’s body, but [Name]’s a damn psychopath!” Jihl stomped her foot. “I bet she was trynna sleep with him!”

“Why would she wanna do that when she has me!?” both Dante and Noa cried.

“You prissy bitch!” you hissed, making a dash for her again, only to have Akinori grab your wrists and swing you back onto the couch.

“Forgive me [Name]-hime,” he couched before you,” but we both know you’re better than to hit a pregnant woman- even though she is horridly repulsive.”

“Hey!” Jihl and Stella objected.

“I HIGHLY doubt she would do either of you or a dead guy,” Isamu rolled his eyes. “However, a little tap on the stomach wouldn’t hurt now would it?”

“Isamu,” Noctis looked at the fellow ravenette in surprise.

“Spare the child,” he sighed, clutching at the necklace around his neck with his parents’ names. “It’s better he die than to live in a world where one or both of his parents are dead… Or in this case, abandoned him.”

“Are you saying I can’t take care of this baby myself!?” Jihl glared.

“Not at all. What I’m saying is you’re not good enough for it! I’m honestly fed up with your constant babbling, whining, and backstabbing that if [Name] doesn’t do it, I will myself!” Everyone gasped.