Chapter 76

“Lay her down there,” Balthier instructed. Hope nodded and set you down on one of the beds softly, your body already dampening the tissue paper with blood. “Aerith!”

“Right here!” the brunette slipped on gloves and stood beside him, beginning to work on removing a piece of glass in your skin.

“Privacy please!”

“R-Right,” Hope scratched the back of his head, lingering there for a moment until he sighed and exited the room, closing the door behind him. “She’s gonna be alright… she’s gonna be alright,” he told himself as he shuffled to his room.

Leisurely, your eyes opened. They felt heavy with tiredness and weak from the loss of blood, but you were relieved nevertheless that you had at least survived. The thunder roared, startling you, and you sat up quickly, wondering why there was not an ounce of pain in your movements as you checked the time: 11:37PM.

‘How long was I out?’ you wondered, throwing your legs over and shuffling to the window. Outside, the rain was pouring violently, its direction slanted due to the winds. The tapping on it against the force field was silent, yet the liquid slid down and smeared it like it would have on glass. On the grass, you noticed Zero’s figure swinging his katanas around, whirling in perfect motion that whenever the thunder rumbled and lightning flashed, he landed flawlessly.

You ran a hand through your hair as you exited your room. Yawning, you stopped and stretched at the top of the staircase. Those around the T.V were playing the PS3 as usual, looking cozy in their pajamas as hot chocolate was placed on the coffee table, cookies accompanying them. Hiro spotted you after looking up from his brother’s phone, and he grinned, running up the stairs where he wrapped his arms around you. The others followed his gaze and smiled as well.

“Suteki, Suteki, Suteki guess what Wasurete said!” he grinned, tugging you downstairs. “He said that I can marry you!”

“Oh did he?” you cocked an eyebrow, sitting on the arm of the couch beside Noctis. “When was this?”

“Yesterday!”

“If I remember right, you never really were a fan of arranged marriages,” Kazuki chuckled as Hiro jumped onto his brother’s lap.

“I’ll make an exception since I think Hiro is cute,” you shrugged and smiled, seeing the small boy’s face redden. “Anything interesting happen while I was gone?”

“Well, Prompto actually did something smart,” Noctis noted.

“Whoa!” Prompto turned around from his leaned position on the coffee table. “I’m WAY smarter than I actually act—you know that! After all, I DID solve the clue, AND got [Name] clearance to play blitz that time Xemnas suspended her.”

“How DID you manage to do that?” you asked, turning to the blonde. “You never told me.”

“Just a few tricks the two of us learned in middle school,” Prompto shrugged with a grin.

The main door swung open then, and everyone snapped their heads toward it. Wasurete stepped through and calmly took off his shoes. His white sweater was soaked in crimson blood, blue jeans as well—the fluids smeared by the rain which had dampened his clothing. He hung his head, hair dripping with water as it covered the sides of his face. You jumped up out of your seat and hugged him. It took a moment before realization washed through him and he sighed, hugging you back.

“Are you alright to be moving around already [Name]?” Wasurete inquired softly, looking at the various bandages wrapped around you.

“I’m fine, don’t feel a thing,” you nodded, then frowned. “What about you, aniki? You’re all bloody.”