Chapter 49

A slight rocking motion on your bed, made you stir. Thinking it was one of the guys jumping around, you ignored it. When the same motion occurred a second time, you shot up in annoyance, fist pulled back to punch the culprit. However, you were surprised to find that there wasn’t anybody there, but your room door slid open. You glanced at the clock on your nightstand groggily which read 2:34AM. ‘Real mature guys,’ you thought,’ real mature.’

Another quaver just as the first and second then indicated that it wasn’t the one of the guys- but an earthquake. Quickly, you jumped out of bed and ran out of the room, your sprinting haphazard due to the non-stop rumbling beneath you. As you ran down the stairs, they began crumbling from the strong vibrations, top to bottom, and you pushed yourself faster, barely making it on the stable first story floor before it collapsed completely.

There wasn’t anyone in sight downstairs and you guessed- hoped- that they had already gotten out. Making your way outside through the front door, you dodged broken glass shards, falling pieces of miscellaneous items, and slipped your shoes on just quickly enough to have the ground rumble once more, and the roof cave in. Thankfully, you had dodged in time, and you ran into the streets of Edoera. A figure jumped down in front of you in a casual all black outfit of skinny jeans, chucks, and a plain tee. Around his wrists were some kind of cuffs, a few inches of metallic chain dangling from each.

“What did you do?” you growled, taking stance.

“This is just the beginning,” he smirked, his hair falling over his eyes. “The people in your house though, oh they didn’t put up much of a fight. For those who have gifts, they were incredibly weak- such a disappointment.”

“Where are they, Takahara!? What did you do to them!?”

“Oh baby~,” he smiled sweetly, making your blood boil in response. “I didn’t do anything. The shinobi did it. As far as I’m concerned, I’m just Yunshiru Aarakaht- a defenseless shy teen who [Name] hates for no appropriate reason.”

“You’re a shameless killer!” you threw a fireball at him.

He smirked and caught it with his bare hands, the flame extinguishing immediately- your eyes narrowing. “I guess you already know Shi no Ryu is under my power. With it, I can abolish this world into darkness, and you along with it.”

“Why harm everyone if you only want me then?” you questioned. “Wait, don’t answer that! It’s because you’re a psychopathic hit man. Yeah… that sounds about right.”

“I can’t believe how calm you are in this situation,” he smiled coyly. “I heard last few times, you were overly emotional.”

“Everything you do is emotional,” you hissed. “That’s the key to your defeat.”

“Is that so?” his eyes widened. “That, I can’t believe I didn’t see… Well, enough chitchat, I have people to see. Goodbye [Name], I love you,” he smiled.

“Son of a bitch!” you cursed, your eye color changing in a blink. “The fact you say you even have a single strand of emotion such as that makes my blood boil so repulsively that I think I’m the monster here.”

“W-What?” his face was clearly hurt, and a second before he recomposed himself, you were sure you saw tears about to brim. “That’s my fault isn’t it?” he murmured. “[Name], I’m sorry…”

“What are you talking about?”

“…Nothing,” he averted his gaze and disappeared within a puff of smoke.