Chapter 48

Jecht gave everyone a uniform after he had announced the official team. It consisted of a regular white V-neck- that was worn out of water of course- along with baggy black swim trunks that flowed to the base of your knees. A gray emblem of two swords, behind a shield that held the head sketch of a creature called Bahamut rested on the left side of it- Avengers written in blood red parchment beneath the picture. The shoes were white high-tops with red laces, accompanied by gray fingerless gloves. You had to admit, whoever was behind the uniform design had incredibly good taste in fashion.

The airship ride back was a long hour and a half. During that time, you talked with the boys about the positions you’d be playing. There was a rotation every round in order to have even the two extras play. You were decided on being center for now, Tidus and Noel your offense, Noctis and Yuj on defense, and Vaan as goalie, leaving Maqui and Vincent to warm the bench.

You arrived at home with Raizo around 5:00. Almost everyone was crowded around in the living room watching some kind of show, so after greeting them, you went upstairs to put your things away. When finishing taking a shower, you changed into a black tee and shorts, and combed your hair, joining the others and sitting back to back with Rika on a lone recliner.

“Raizo told us about you making the team!” Rika turned and hugged you,” Congratulations!”

“Thanks Riki,” you smiled and hugged her back.

“Congrats [Nickname]-chan!” the boys chirped at once.

“Thanks guys,” you smiled at them as well.

“Who are we congratulating?” Touya asked, coming in from the kitchen with a bowl of ice cream.

“Fat ass,” Noa sneered, taking the bowl and eating as the brunette went to take a seat.

“You’re one to talk,” Touya rolled his eyes. “So, someone getting married or something?”

“[Name] made the blitz team and beat out Raizo,” Vergil answered, sitting up straight as soon as the commercials stopped.

“Great congrats! Now everyone shut up,” Touya stole the bowl from Noa and turned his attention back to the T.V.

“What exactly are we watching?” you asked Rika to the side, witnessing a muscular man fall into a pool of water after failing to grab a bar in time.

“American Ninja Warrior,” Nero answered excitedly. “These guys have to complete this obstacle course thingy to go to Mount Midoriyama.”

“Oh, that?” you chuckled,” Wow.”

Isamu raised an eyebrow,” You’ve been there?”

“It’s just a giant obstacle course,” you shrugged. “Yoshihara brought us there so many times during the night to train. It’s pretty fun actually. Though in my opinion it’s more mental than physical.”

“You should go on the show!” Noa grinned,” I’ll go with you!”

“Only if you want her dead then yeah,” Touya rolled his eyes, turning up the volume as another contestant began running the course.

“Is [Name]-chan home yet?” Fai asked, coming in from the downstairs hall with a yawn. “Oh, hey you are,” he smiled.

“Konbanwa Oji-san,” you greeted with a slight bow, standing and walking over to him.

“Did you make the team?” he asked.

“Mhm!” you nodded and grinned. “I even got picked instead of Raizo!”