Chapter 68

Jihl sighed happily, looking at herself in the mirror as she applied the second layer of makeup- eyeliner, lipstick, mascara- the usual. Stella glanced at her sister suspiciously, wondering what could make her sigh so happily, but put off her thoughts as Kairi, Selphie and Rinoa came through the door. She never really liked Rinoa, but the brunette got along with Selphie pretty well, though.

“I miss Axel,” Jihl suddenly murmured, rubbing her stomach.

Rinoa furrowed her eyebrows,” Don’t get me wrong, but if I didn’t know any better, it seems to me that you’re kinda forcing this baby on him. Is it even his?”

“How DARE you question me!?” Jihl stood and glared at her. “Of course this baby is his! Who else’s would it be!?”

“I was just—”

“Get the heck outta here Rinoa,” Stella sneered. “Come Jihl, we can go see him.”

“Good idea!” Jihl cheered, almost skipping out of the room, Kairi following the two blondes. Selphie lingered for a moment before rolling her eyes at a hurt Rinoa who in return, confusedly went to find Tifa and the other girls.

In the medical ward, Jihl hovered over Axel’s body, not noticing the pale shade in his skin slowly diminishing and returning to its normal color. Stella entered not long after, Selphie and Kairi trailing behind. Kazuki- who was sitting on the bunk right of Axel’s- had been watching his body earlier, and from the girls’ lack of coming in quietly, he jolted up from the small nap her had been taking.

“What are you guys doing here?” Kazuki asked, sighing in irritation.

“Jihl just missed Axel,” Stella answered, keeping her gaze away from the teen’s open flannel that exposed his abs.

“Y-Yeah,” Selphie nodded, she and Kairi doing the same. “So um… we um…”

“We came so she c-could ease up a bit,” Kairi finished for the brunette.

“Uh-huh…,” Kazuki nodded slowly, amusement crossing his face as he realized why they were acting so ridiculously.

“Axel~ Oh Axey~!” Jihl cooed.

The redhead’s eyes tightened it’s already shut position, and Kazuki caught the movement, immediately standing and inspecting him,” He just moved.”

“Really!?” Jihl’s eyes widened.

“How?” Stella stepped beside Kazuki. “I didn’t see anything.”

“And his skin,” Kazuki held Axel’s wrist, feeling the blood slowly pumping through his veins once more,” is returning to normal.”

“Let me try something,” Jihl giggled, leaning forward.

The blonde was about to push her lips to Axel’s when his eyes shot open and he rolled to the right side off the bed. Kazuki stepped back, and pulled Stella with him- who in return pressed against his chest. Clearing his throat rather loudly, Stella stepped back reddened, and Kazuki allowed himself to lend a hand out to Axel who graciously took it.

“I’m...,” Axel breathed, patting himself down, but wincing here and there due to the still needed to be healed stitches,” ALIVE!” He grinned, tears brimming in his eyes which he quickly blinked away as his head snapped up and he scanned the room for you,” [Name]! [Name]! It worked! It really did!” When realizing you weren’t in the room, his face fell,” …[Name]?”