Chapter 9

You yawned and stretched, tired from all that happened last night. You rolled over, but ended up falling face first onto the floor. You fell with a thud and cursed loudly, feeling a slight twinge of pain at the contact. You groaned and rolled over, lying on the floor- on your back- for just a moment to notice that your clothes weren't as much of a bloody mess that you thought them to be. You heard a light chuckle and the flaps of the hut shed light before the inside went dim again. You closed your eyes, pretending to be asleep.

"I didn't know that you were such a heavy sleeper." You immediately shot up, not recognizing the voice, and you bumped heads with the person. They let out a small grunt, and you almost fell back, if they hadn't caught you by the wrist. Rubbing your forehead, you looked up and saw it had been the boy from last night. He had bandages wrapped around his forehead, which were drooping off one end. He had a hard countenance but you saw gentleness in his eyes. 

"Oh! I'm sorry, I thought you were someone else," you got to your knees, pinning back the end of his bandages. 

He looked to the side, but you could hear the smile in his voice," Who, hiding from someone?" 

You shook your head," No, just... Tired." 

He nodded and turned to you when you pulled away from fixing his bandages," I'm Saix. I came to apologize for everything last night and thank you for saving me. I- I couldn't control myself; I just want you to know that I'm not evil or trying to hurt anyone. What you saw last night- that wasn't me," he held a hand out, his eyes apologetic. 

"It's fine, things happen," you shrugged taking his hand. "Besides, everyone's okay so it's no big deal right?" you offered him a smile. 

"Actually, you look really... bad," he frowned looking at your various cuts. 

You shook your head," No, I had this when I got here. Oh uh I'm [Name] by the way, sorry haha." 

He cracked a small smile nodding. "Well, I'll be outside." 

"Alright, nice meeting you," you called and sat back down on the cot, pulling your duffel bag onto your lap.

You got back from taking a shower in the crusader's lodge and changed into a black tank top and dark blue jean shorts, being that it was hot out. You slipped on the high-tops from Tifa, and went outside to see everyone was holding their bags.

"Where are we going?," you asked walking up to Namine and Xion. 

"Exploring Spira!," Xion cheered, pulling on her sunglasses. 

Namine nodded," That's right, were going to Luca- then tonight we go to the Moonflow, then tomorrow-" 

"THE THUNDER PLAINS!!," the three of you turned to see Sora grinning from ear to ear with Riku in tow. 

"Why are we going there?," you asked. 

"The Gullwings preform there sometimes. This guy Kimahri spreads word about it or something," Riku shrugged. 

"So, you might want to get your bag [Name], we're leaving in a bit," Namine said.

You nodded and headed into the small hut, getting your duffel bag. You came back outside and saw the group walking towards the beach- but they were already past the waterfall. 'How could they have gotten there so quickly!?' you thought. As you were slinging your bag on, you bumped into a whirl of golden hair and feel back. A hand pulled you up quickly but gently.

"[Name]!! There you are!! C'mon let's go!! I needa make sure everyone is there so I can get us to Luca!" You looked up from dusting yourself to see Tidus smiling with an excited expression on his face. "Oh... Err.. Sorry haha, "he rubbed the back of his head.