Chapter 57: Forever

Start from the beginning

"Pumpkin we gotta go, you can bring your car."

He gets up to his feet and waddles towards me with his car still in hand, "Good boy" I coo as he takes my hand, his hand tiny compared to mine, holding onto me. I lead him outside the door keeping myself bent down a little to reach him. "Okay" I breathe out picking him up and closing our door.

I walk to the restaurant laughing as Noah tries to talk to me. He has a surprisingly wide vocabulary due to Maya and I talking to him constantly, however it doesn't mean that he doesn't struggles saying a few words. Obviously he can't say his 'R's or L's' like all other babies and it makes him so much cuter than he already is. "Mhm" I nod smiling down at him "You're right, you're car is blue."

"There's my favorite grandson!" Shawn exclaims with a wide smile getting Noah and I's attention. "You boys are late" he points out "Noah slept in and I didn't really want to wake him, sorry" he waves me off "It's all good. I thought something happened."

I shake my head "We're all good" I assure him.

"You want to come with daddy to get food?" I ask looking back at Noah. "Cah!" He smiles showing his car to Shawn, "Oh wow, its a beautiful one" he grins looking at Noah amusedly.

"I'm guessing he wants to tell you all about his car so would you mind watching him for a few seconds?"

"Of course not."

I put Noah down in the high chair placed next to the table and kiss the top of his head before roaming around the buffet of breakfast food. I grab a plate of watermelon pieces along with some orange and go give it to Noah before getting my own plate. Right as I sit down my phone rings with the familiar sound it does when I get a message.

I pull the device out of my back pocket and a wide goofy smile takes over my lips when I see who the message is from.

Baby girl💕: I can't believe you!

Baby girl💕:The flowers are so beautiful thank you so much baby!! I love you! ❤️ ❤️Can't wait for our date tonight😉😘

Me: I'm glad you like them! Hope you're having a good time with the girls ❤

My heart flutters as I keep gazing at the picture. I'm truly incredibly lucky to have someone like her in my life.

"From your face I'm going to take a quick guess and say it's my daughter" Shawn chuckles "She got the flowers?" I nod looking back up as I lock my phone and place it on the table "She liked them" I say proudly "Let's hope she likes what I have planned for tonight" I breathe out as I feel my nerves once again build up.

"She will, you have nothing to worry about Josh, she loves you" he tries to assure me. If you would've told me Shawn, Maya's father, was going to be the one to calm me down about what I'm going to do tonight, I would've never believed you.

"Maybe she'll think its too soon" Corey lets out a scoff "Maya thinking its too soon" he laughs "If I remember well that girl has been pinning over you ever since she was thirteen."

"This is different though" I try and argue but they both look at me unconvinced and with an amused smile. "How so?" Shawn asks.

I shrug "This is a forever kind of thing, maybe she doesn't want it because of what happened with her biological father" Shawn's face softens "Josh I think you're the one getting in your head about all this" he admits "Trust me, all Maya has ever wanted was to be with you. She has so much faith in you that it sometimes scares me. I know Maya's insecurities have also affected you but when she looks at you, there isn't an ounce of Kermit she sees. She knows your different. Like I said before you have nothing to worry about."