Chapter 38: Forgiveness

"I should be back around 5" Maya says as she keeps searching our closet for a jacket. "And maybe on my way back I can bring some dinner, up to you" she adds "I'd be down to have some pizza" I shrug moving Noah's hands off of his feet where he keeps trying to take his socks off. I don't know why he's so set on taking them off but it's a little too chilly for him to be bare foot.

"Okay, I'll pick some up" she breathe out finally finding her jacket and throwing it on. "You look gorgeous baby" I compliment making her smile and a soft blush colour her cheek. "Thanks love" she says walking over to me, "Have fun with Noah, I love you" she kisses me softly "I love you too sweetheart" I say happily.

"Bye bye Pumpkin" she coos bending down to face her son, "Mama loves you" she smiles kissing his nose "Mama" he mumbles reaching to grab her face but she takes his hands in hers. "Have fun with daddy and tell me if he was good okay?" I chuckle and roll my eyes "We'll both behave" I assure her. "You better" she giggles before leaning forwards and kissing me once more.

"Have fun on your trip" She nods and starts to walk out of our bedroom "I will" she replies before disappearing. Maya sends all her art work to her art teacher back at Abigail Adams's High School and the teacher's the one who grades her work. Maya adores her and I'm pretty sure the teacher loves her too because they actually talk a lot through email. Maya told me that her teacher was planning on taking her to a famous gallery here in New York, she hoped that Maya would gain a lot from this simple trip such as the art displayed in the gallery, how a gallery functioned, the artists who took part and all that fun stuff Maya loves.

"So it's just you and me today bud" I smile brushing his hair back. His hair has been growing a lot lately and I bet that in a few weeks it'll reach to his eyes. I wonder if Maya will like it long or if she'd want to cut it, personally I think if his hair would get slightly longer it would be absolutely adorable. However I do sometimes wonder how his hair got so dark, it's a dark brown but it could be mistaken for black. My hair is a little lighter than his along with a few lighter highlights I got from being in the sun so often and then there's Maya with her blonde hair. Before Noah was born practically everyone thought he'd be a blonde or a brunette but with extremely light hair, yet here is is with his really dark brown hair. I love it.

My phone vibrating on my nightstand pulls me out of the thought of my son. I reach over to grab it and focus my attention on the message I got.

Drew: im boreddddd !!!!!

I chuckle and shake my head.

Me: what do u want me to do about that im on baby duty

Drew: idk just pull me out of my boredom state !!!

I think for a few seconds before coming up with something simple.

Me: wanna head to the park then

Drew: the park?

Me: yeah....

Drew: sure why not

Drew: ill pass in an hour

Me: awesome

I look up from my phone and my heart drops. "Fuck" I mutter causing Noah to look up at me with his bright blue eyes, my eyes widen when I realise what I said in front of him "Shit I wasn't suppose to say that" I groan and run my fingers through my hair frustratingly when I realise I swore in front of him once more. "You've got to be kidding me" I sigh and get off of my bed, "Mama is going to kill us if she sees this" I whine grabbing the magazines Noah is ripping. Before Maya finally had the courage to leave our bed and get dressed she was paging through her magazines to get an idea for an outfit today.