Chapter 42: Maya side

"Noah" I warn as I glance down at him, I quirk my brow watching him curiously. He's been climbing on the coffee table and no matter how many times I've been moving him away from it, he'd crawl back towards it. Usually I'd let him try new thing out but after falling and hurting himself I didn't want him going back to hurt himself again. However I realised Noah is also just as stubborn as Josh and I, he just goes back to it. Its frustrating because every 2 minutes I have to drag him away from it. I would put him in his walker but he just got out of it. 

He glances up at me with his bright blue eyes and a smile, he lifts his hand, the one that he hurt. He's so proud of himself. I shake my head in amusement, he's showing me the colourful band aid that I put on him. "See this" I take his little hand "Is exactly why I don't you climbing on the table again" I kiss his hand before picking him up and moving him back on top of his blanket.

"Play with Sophie instead" I hand him the plastic giraffe and kiss the top of his head before retreating back to the couch. I grab my phone and throw my body onto the soft cushion. After studying during the entire morning and practically half of the afternoon I was finally taking a break. I scroll through Instagram seeing what others are up to and if anything interesting is happening.

I glance back at Noah making sure he's still where I left him but of course he isn't. "Noah" I groan pushing myself up on my elbows to look at him. He sits and turns to look at me, he responds to his name which is great but he just grins at me and turns back around to continue crawling towards the coffee table. "He's still going at it?" Josh asks with a chuckle as he comes back downstairs. He came back from his class a few minutes ago and headed straight to take a shower since he went for a small run before coming here.

"Yes" I whine "I thought he'd learn his lesson once he fell but he just keeps climbing on the freaking table" during these past few days I don't know why but he's been super active. He can't sit still. He just keeps moving around, crawling everywhere, talking and yelling. He's a lot of work. As Josh says his Maya side is coming out.

"Can you bring him to me please?" I ask looking up at Josh. "Let's just watch and see what happens but yes I'll bring him to you" I sigh and look back at our son who already reached the table.

"Josh I don't want him to hurt himself again"

"I know, me too" he assures me keeping his gaze on his son. "I won't let him get hurt, don't worry" he leans down kissing the top of my head before approaching his son. He stays a few steps back, letting Noah do whatever it is he wants to do. We both watch him try and climb on top, I gnaw on my bottom lip watching him worriedly. When he almost loses balance Josh was quick to put his hands out, ready to catch him if he actually fell. He struggles putting his leg on top but when he finally gets it, the rest is easy. Pushing himself further he moves to sit on the table, he did it.

"You did it" Josh smiles catching his attention

"You did it" Josh smiles catching his attention. "Good job now off the table" picking up his son he throws him slightly in the air. Noah let's out a shriek before bursting into laughter. "What's so funny?" Josh asks kissing his cheek "You like flying?" He questions before throwing Noah back into the air and catching him. Noah's laugh gets louder and the sight of my two boys laughing makes my heart swell and a smile of my own to form on my lips.