Chapter 49: Family time

"You feel much better now huh?" I coo brushing his tears away and kissing his cheek. His incisors were finally coming out but that meant my poor boy wasn't feeling well. He woke up with a fever but this time I knew exactly what to do and within an hour he was completely fine, smiling even.

"Wanna go have breakfast with dada?" I ask even though I start heading downstairs with him in my arms. "Maybe we still have some watermelon, I know that'll make you happy" I smile running my hand up and down his small back. He just snuggles against my chest playing with my necklace.

"Is he feeling better?" Josh asks as he sees me coming downstairs. "Yeah, he's just a little sad but we can make him feel better" I smile kissing the top of his head. "Of course we can" Josh agrees with a wide smile. Once I reach him he presses his lips on mine, kissing me softly.

He takes Noah from my arms and showers him with kisses. "We're gonna make a smile appear" he laughs when Noah pushes him away with his small hands.

"What you don't like Daddy's kisses?"

"You need to shave" I point out "Its spiky" I chuckle. He rolls his eyes and focuses back on his son. He holds him up in the air with a small smirk "I'm gonna make him smile" he says, determination lacing his words.

"Good luck" I move towards the fridge to see what I could give Noah to snack on since it looks like Josh didn't finish making breakfast. I pull it open and my eyes immediately land on the large fruit. "Oh my gosh yes!" I pull out the watermelon and turn to face Josh only to find him throwing Noah in the air. I smile seeing my son's eyes light up and he let's out a shriek as Josh keeps throwing him.

"If he throws up on you, do not expect me to clean it up" I laugh as I start cutting a few pieces of the fruit. "Oh shoot" Josh chuckles as he settles Noah on his hip "I completely forgot about that."

He places Noah in his high chair, giving him a kiss on the head before returning to continue cooking. "What are you making?" I ask popping a piece of the fruit in my mouth before glancing at Josh. "French Toast" he answers with a smile, "Mm" I hum "Please hurry up I'm hungry" I beg.

"I'll try sweetheart" he leans down giving me a soft kiss. "Thank you" I chant when we pull away.

"Pumpkin" I coo catching his attention, I place his plastic bowl in front of him and instantly he reaches to grab the fruit. "Who in this family loves watermelon as much as Noah?" I ask with a laugh as I lean against the counter and pull myself up, taking a seat.

"No one" Josh answers "We have a unique baby" he adds. "We sure do" I agree "A watermelon and water loving boy" I giggle.

Josh chuckles stealing a glance at his son who's stuffing 3 pieces of fruit into his mouth. If I'm not careful with him he's going to choke one day, which is why I'm always besides him. On some days I have to stop him from adding another fruit or taking one out of his mouth because he has too many.

"How about we go to the pool today?" Josh suggest "It's warm enough to go and I just really want to see him swim. Plus we've never been to the apartment's pool" I smile "That sounds like a great idea!" The building had an indoor pool located on the other side and ever since Josh and I moved in we've never gotten the chance to go check it out. However now that it was summer and we knew Noah loved the water it's perfect.

"Oh my gosh its gonna be Pumpkin's first time in a pool and his first time swimming!" I gush cupping my cheeks.

"Its sure going to be exciting" I nod vigorously "Definitely."

I suddenly pout "But we'll have to go after his nap" I whine.

"That's fine" Josh shrugs "We could get some things done whilst he sleeps."