Chapter 50: Poor boy

"Josh did you seriously give him a donut?" I ask glancing up from my son to look at my boyfriend annoyed. "I told you not to" I say crossing my arms over my chest. Apparently I can't leave for 3 seconds.

"I just gave him half of one, we shared."

I roll my eyes

I roll my eyes. "It doesn't matter if you shared or not I specifically told you not to and yet as soon as I leave you go against my word" he sighs and runs his fingers through his hair "He was hungry" he tries to defend himself but he already knows he is in the wrong. I don't get why he won't just accept it.

"You know damn well he has some snacks in the bag. Just admit that you wanted one too."

"Okay" he breathe out "I'm sorry" he rolls his eyes making me scoff. "Nice apology" I mumble turning around.

Things are starting to get a little different between the two of us. With nothing to do but to spend time together as a family, I think we've had enough of one another and need a bit of space. It's not a bad thing to want a bit of a break, I've learned that the hard way ever since I had Noah. I just think we need to keep ourselves busy or else the only thing that's left to do is attack the other. It's not something we do on purpose or actually realise and I already know, I can feel it that if we're not careful Josh and I are going to get into a fight about the stupidest thing ever. A fight that doesn't even need to happen.

I glance back at Noah and sigh whilst running my fingers through my hair. There goes my plan on not making him eat any oily food. It tend to hurt his tummy afterwards and it isn't Josh who ends up changing his diaper or dealing with him crying. He does seem to be really liking it though. I guess I could let that one slide.

We head inside a store that sells baby clothes and of course I do all the shopping whilst Josh plays with Noah, keeping him busy so he doesn't get bored

"I'm gonna get you" I hear Noah shriek before hearing his little footsteps go faster as he tries to run away from him daddy who's chasing him. I get distracted for a split second watching the two of them play. I smile and shake my head in amusement listening to Noah laugh and yell along with Josh's laugh. I can only imagine how these two are going to be when Noah gets older.