Chapter 40: Hanging out with daddy

"Thank you" I smile when Noah hands me one of his toys, "That's very nice of you" I add as he crawls back to his basket that's filled with his toys. We're both downstairs in the living room, I'm on the floor with him enjoying my Sunday morning with my now 9 month old son. After what happened a few days ago I haven't really been able to let him out of my sight or out of my arms. I was really protective of him before the accident and now I'm even more. I don't think I won't ever be protective of him even when he's going to be a big boy he'll still be my baby.

Now at 9 months old all I can think about is he's growing way too much. That's what I think each month though. He's been talking a lot, constantly moving around and trying new things. He's finally getting that understanding of things and as fascinating it is to see him grow, I want him to stop.

"Another one" I gasp "You're so sweet" I gush as I take his little plastic toy car that he's handing me. Once I have it in my hand he crawls back to his basket and I chuckle. His little fingers reach for another toy, this time it's his famous giraffe Sophie. Once he gets a good grip he turns and crawls back towards me, he sits down when he reaches me and starts putting Sophie in his mouth.

"Oh, so you're keeping her for you?" I question "And mama gets all these?" I motion to all the toys he brought. He looks at me with his blue eyes and smiles. God he's so cute. "You have beautiful eyes" I compliment as I tear his attention away from the plastic giraffe. "And a cute nose" I poke his nose "Chubby cheeks that mama loves to pinch and kiss" I squish them and he let's out a small shriek making me giggle. "Perfect shaped lips" I poke his bottom lip "Adorable little hands" I take his hands in mine "That loves to pull Mama's hair huh?" I kiss his hands.

"And then we have your little ticklish tummy" I let go of his hands and tickle his stomach making him grin "And finally, your teeny tiny little toes" I gush taking his feet in my hands. "Let's go again" I say when I realise that it's a good way to make him learn.

"Last time we forgot about your hair and ears but this we won't, so let's start" I take his hands in mine and place them on top of his head "Hair", I lower his hand and gently cover his eyes, "Eyes" I say softly before placing his hands on his nose.

"Nose" putting his hands on his ears I have to stifle a laugh seeing how happy he looks, he always loves the attention I'm giving him. "Ears, mouth" I list as i keep moving his hands to the body part I'm naming. "Fe-" I get interrupted by the sound of the doorbell, I furrow my brows and glance at the front door.

"Let's go see who it is" I get up and pick up Noah from the floor not wanting to leave him alone. I walk towards the front door and unlock it before throwing the door open. A wide smile pulls at my lips when it lands on all my friends. "Noah!" They all squeals seeing my son in my arms, I chuckle and shake my head in amusement when I realise that my friends officially like my son better than me. Farkle instantly takes him from my arms "Hi Pumpkin buddy" he coos walking further into the apartment.

"Nice to see you too Farkle" he shoots me a smile and heads to the living room. "What are you guys doing here?" I ask curiously as they all walk inside, "We just wanted to hang out with you" Lucas replies "But Liv also got something for Noah and we really want to see him try it out!" Riley admits excitedly and that's when I see Olive holding a big box.

My eyes widen "Oh my gosh, Olive you really didn't have to get him anything, there's no need" she shakes her head and waves me off. "First please call me Liv and second I just really wanted to" she insists as she places the box on the coffee table in the living room. "When I was looking after him I couldn't help but notice that he's trying to walk and I went shopping yesterday and when I saw this I couldn't resist on not getting it for him" she explains "So I hope you like it" she grins taking a step back as she motions for me to open it.