Chapter 46: Everything is going to be fine

"Hey Maya can you watch Noah so I can go take my shower?" I look up from my school work revision and nod with a smile. "Of course" I agree.

"Thanks" he quips before turning back around to skip back up the stairs.

I take a deep breath and run my fingers through my hair. I get up from my seat and pad over to the laundry room next to the pantry so I can bring the basket of clean clothes upstairs.

I smile seeing my son playing in his little play area. "Hi baby" I smile as I push open the gate and make sure to close it behind me. He looks up, one toy in his mouth and the other in his hand. I shake my head in amusement. "You having fun bud?" I question with a raised brow. He just looks at me with his beautiful blue eyes.

"Mama's gonna be right with you okay?" Instead of waiting for an answer I enter Josh and I's bedroom and start putting our clothes away.

"Mama" I hear a sweet little voice mumble. "Yes Pumpkin?" I ask with a smile as I turn my gaze to look at him crawl towards me. Even though he can walk he still found it hard so instead he crawls to reach a place faster. "Mama" he mumbles again as he gets closer to me. I focus back on putting our clothes in the drawer, waiting for him to reach me.

Once in done, I kneel down and hold out my hand for Noah to take. His little fingers grab onto my hand and he moves to stand up. He uses my hand as support and walks towards me. "Look at my big boy" I gush as he smiles brightly.

He let's go of my hand and wraps it around my neck, giving me a hug. "I love you" I whisper before kissing his cheek repeatedly, "So much" I add.

"Mama still has a few more clothes to put away but then I'll play with you" he sits back down and I stand up to finish putting away the rest of our clothes. "Noah" I laugh when he climbs inside a drawer, "What are you doing bud?" I ask as I watch him sit down.

He turns to face me with that big grin of his and his big blue eyes sparkling with joy

He turns to face me with that big grin of his and his big blue eyes sparkling with joy. I shake my head in amusement and pick him up. "We don't go in drawers" I put him down and close the one he opened.

I turn back around to finish my task but a minute later I hear it open again. I furrow my brows and turn around only to find my son sitting on the bottom drawer whilst opening the one on top.

 I furrow my brows and turn around only to find my son sitting on the bottom drawer whilst opening the one on top