Chapter 37: Noah's laugh

"Your brother would hate you if you got him that" I laugh before Noah steals my attention once again by whining and moving in his stroller. "Baby mama's arms are tired" I sigh pushing his soft brown hair back before letting my hand fall to caress his cheek, "You got to stay in your stroller Pumpkin" I insist looking back up at Riley who's scouring the toy isle, searching for the best present for her brother's birthday which is in a few weeks.

We've both wanted to buy him a present his present a few weeks before his birthday because lately everything has been a mess and I could only imagine how the next few weeks are going to be. Riley and I were both free so we thought we'd go for it. I spent most of my time taking care of Noah since we was sick and I also had to study for some exams which Mr. Matthew's decided to randomly assign just to see where I'm at. It's been about 3 weeks since Noah's doctor's appointment and he is doing a lot better than before. He's no longer sick which is amazing but now he's a super active 8 month old who hates sitting still.

All he wants to do is crawl around and touch whatever he can reach and grab. Yesterday he spent about an hour admiring and playing with my hair brush and I'll admittedly confess that I got distracted by watching him for 20 minutes until I realised I should be doing work. He's just so darn cute that it's hard to keep your eyes off of him.

I've come to a conclusion that Noah is a mini Josh but with my hyper energy and I'm just praying that he won't cause too much trouble like I did when I was younger. I can already imagine him as a toddler, running around and jumping with so much energy that I'll end up putting him in a bunch of sports just to drain him out. Overall Josh was busy with work and his extra courses or spending time with Noah and I, I had a lot of school work to get done and take care of Noah, every day 

"What about this?" Riley asks holding up a huge Lego set. "Not bad" I say pushing the stroller towards her "But he'll definitely like my present more" I grin making her groan and roll her eyes, "That's because you stole my idea" I scoff and stare at her in disbelief.

"That is so not true" I argue "I'm the one who told you the idea and you suddenly decided to ditch your own idea".

"Whatever" she mumbles as she keeps looking at the different toys. "Its Auggie Riles, he'll love whatever you get him because your his big sister and he looks up to you. There's no need to get all worked up on this, he's only 9" I remind her making her sigh "I know but he's still my brother and I want to get his something he'd really like". 

"Okay, we switch then?" I suggest "You can take my present and I'll just find something else to give him" she shakes her head "No, that's not fair. You thought of it so keep it, I'm sure I'll eventually come up with something" she breathes out "You sure? I really don't mind Riles" she nods "I'm sure, now lets go look at the scooters" I smile and nod "You know I think your brother would actually like one, especially when we go to the park" I say as I follow her, pushing the stroller. 

"That's exactly why I want to go look at them" she grins making me chuckle "Smart" I quip, stopping the stroller and leaning against it as her brown eyes roam around the different types of scooters. Noah starts whining again before successfully starting to cry, he's clearly had enough of his stroller even though he's only been in it for like 15 minutes. I sigh and move to pick him up, "Really?" I laugh as soon as I settle him on my hip and he stops crying, "Next time I'm gonna leave you in your stroller you little actor" I tickle his little tummy making a smile pull at his lips.

"You're just bored of sitting aren't you?" I question kissing his cheek whilst he cups my cheeks with his little hands, "So cute" Riley laughs looking at her cousin with a soft smile. "Give mama a kiss" I purse my lips waiting for him to give me a kiss but instead he tries to grab my lips with his tiny cute little hands, "That's not a kiss Pumpkin" I shake my head using my free hand to grab his hands. "Kiss" I purse my lips again and this time he leans forwards giving me his famous sloppy kiss that I love, "Thank you" I gush "That was so nice" I give him another kiss before looking at Riley who seems to be analysing a blue and green scooter that has 2 wheels in the front.