Chapter 44: Easter

Guess who started school again?😭😭 is school a good reason for me not updating? 😂😂 I'm doing my last year so frequent updates are going to be hard. Anyways enjoy this really long chapter that took me ages to write!!

 Anyways enjoy this really long chapter that took me ages to write!!

NoahJ_P.Matthews: I've been up all night😜

Parenting is hard. Especially when you're trying to be patient with a tiny little impatient version of you. I haven't slept at all. Maybe 30 minutes max. I put Noah to bed around 7 pm and studied until 10 pm knowing that the next day I won't have the time or the motivation to do anything. Then Josh and I spent a bit of time together and got caught up in watching movies until around 1 in the morning. Admittedly that was our fault and not smart, especially since we knew that we'd have to wake up early the next morning.

Although, Noah waking up a few minutes later was completely unexpected. He did not want to sleep. I fought with him for about 2 hours trying to get him back to sleep but nothing worked so I brought him to our bedroom. Another two hours later nothing. The sun was already coming up. He was just having fun climbing over Josh and I, he wouldn't lay down cuddled next to us and fall asleep. I tried my best to keep him for waking Josh up since he had to drive in a few hours whilst I could just sleep in the car. Of course Noah is loud. Especially when he's bored.

I tried feeding him but of course he's starting to wean off breastfeeding. Its heart breaking but there's nothing I can do about it. He's growing up and all I can do is accept it. And maybe cry a little when no ones is watching.

When I began to have enough of him I wrapped him up in my arms on top of my chest, put his binky in his mouth and held it in place so he couldn't spit it out. I rocked myself sideways and started to softly sing a lullaby. He struggled for a few minutes, trying to get out of my grip but eventually he relaxed and fell asleep.

Carefully getting up with him in my arms I went back into his bedroom and placed him back into his crib. I stayed a few minutes making sure he was in a deep sleep. Seeing that he was finally sleeping I went back to my bedroom, of course instead of going back to bed I started packing the rest of the things we needed for the trip. I made sure we had everything and by the time I was done Josh was already up.

"How long have you been up?" He asks kneeling down in front of me. I'm sitting on the floor of our closet with our bags. "All night" I mumble closing the zipper of one of the bags. "Maya." He scolds "What?!" I snap. Okay that was a bit harsh but it's not really my fault I'm tired and hungry.

"Noah didn't want to fall back asleep and I took me about all night to get him back down." I sigh.

"I'm sorry sweetheart." I shake my head and look up at him "No I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you, I'm just tired." I breathe out as I lift my hand to rub the sleep out of my eyes.

"I know." He whispers with a soft smile, "You'll sleep in the car okay?" He lifts a hand to caress my cheek and I lean against his touch. "Okay." I agree with a slight nod. He leans down and leaves a soft kiss on my lips.