Chapter 6: Everything seems to be alright

"Hold on!" I shout standing up from the floor and rushing to the front door where someone is knocking. I look down at Noah first making sure he's fine on the floor before opening the door. My eyes widen and when I look at who's on the other side, shocked to see the two last people I had in mind standing in front of me.

"Maya!" Everleigh shouts throwing herself against me in a tight hug, "Everleigh" I smile brightly hugging her back and looking up at my mom, "What are you guys doing here?" I ask surprised.

"We came back from our trip and couldn't wait to see you and Noah" my mom exclaims with a bright smile. It turned out that Shawn got invited to host this photography event and present a bunch of his work 2 weeks after Noah was born. My mom and Everleigh went along to support him as much as I really wanted to be there for my dad, I had a newborn son to take care of and I couldn't just leave.

At first I had thought that they didn't come visit me because my mom was mad at me for ruining her performance but it turns out she was quite busy with another show and the trip she had to go to. Nevertheless I certainly did not expect her here on a random Wednesday morning with my sister. 

"Mom" I squeal once Evs let's go of me, my mom opens her arms and chuckles as I wrap my arms around her in a tight hug. "I'm so glad you came" I admit "Me too" Everleigh quips joining us in our hug making me laugh.

The sound of Noah crying quickly catches my attention and I let go of my mom, "Um" I say rushing over to my son, "Please come in" I say picking Noah up from the floor where he was doing tummy time. "I got you baby boy" I assure him quickly kissing his cheek as he stops crying.

"Oh my goodness look how much he's grown" My mom gasps walking over to me to catch a better look at Noah. "He's gotten bigger" Evs points out standing on her tippy toes to look at him. "Really?" I ask surprised "I feel like he's still the tiny little baby I held in my arms the first time" I admit taking a seat on the couch.

"He's really cute" Everleigh smiles standing in front of me as she stares at her nephew. "He is isn't he?" My mom smiles taking a seat beside me, Everleigh vigoursly nods "Can I hold him?" She asks looking up at me with hopeful eyes.

"If you sit here" I say motioning to my other side "Then you can" I agree. She quickly takes a seat beside me and I smile, "Move all the way back" I say making sure she's sitting comfortably with her back against the couch. "Put that pillow under you arm so it'll be easier" I say handing her a pillow which she puts under her arm. "Okay" I sigh gently handing her Noah, "There you go" I smile brightly watching my sister hold my son.

"If your arm gets tired tell me so I can take him from you okay?" She nods and keeps staring at Noah making me chuckle. "So how has it been?" My mom asks instantly "How are you?" She question instantly. "I'm really sorry for not being around, I really wish I could've stayed" I shake my head and wave her off.

Truth is I really wanted her to be here for me especially when Noah was born, I had hoped she would've been the one to teach me tips and tricks of being a new mother but she was busy and had to leave on a trip. I was sad that she hasn't been around at all but the fact that I ruined her night to shine and live her dream on stage the more I felt like I owed it to her.

"It's been hard, becoming a mother is not easy, although Noah's the best baby I could have asked for. We struggled for a few weeks to settle a routine but with the help of Josh and Amy it made everything easier and I love Noah so much that I really don't mind not being able to sleep" she chuckles and nods knowingly "And I've been good, a little hormonal and extremely sore for weeks but" I trail off glancing at Everleigh who's mesmerized with Noah.

"Looking down at him and the amount of love I have for him makes it all worth it" I admit happily. "Look he's holding my finger" Evs gasps making me glance back at her to see Noah sucking on one of his hands whilst holding Evs's index finger. "He is" I agree as she smiles at me, "He really likes you" I add causing her smile to widen "Why don't you give him a kiss?" I suggest.

I watch her lean forwards and gently press a kiss on his cheek making my heart swell. "You're such a great aunt" I admit before falling back into a conversation with my mom.

~🍼~

"You're so cute" My mom gushes "Very very cute" she adds before leaning down to kiss Noah over and over again making me smile. "Well would you look at that" Josh whispers tightening his grip on my waist. He came home for his lunch break and was certainly surprise to see my mom and Everleigh here.

"I have to say he looks a lot like Josh" my mom admits lifting her gaze from Noah in her arms towards Josh and I. "I completely agree" Amy chips in, she was as well shocked to see my mom here but she didn't complain she was thrilled to be honest and even insisted on her staying for lunch.

"He has Josh's nose, his lips are a little fuller than Josh's but they both have the same shape" Amy explains as she leans over Katy. "Plus I think he'll be a little brunette" my mom adds slightly removing Noah's hat revealing my son's brownish hair.

"Yay another Josh!" Everleigh exclaims making Josh laugh as I scoff "You like Josh better than me?" I question my little sister in shock as I place my hand over my chest to feign hurt. "No" she laughs shaking her head causing Josh to gasp, "What?" He asks looking at Everleigh with a sad expression.

"I love the both of you the same" she quickly says with her eyes widening in worry. I laugh and shake my head in amusement, "You love me more right?" I wink she quickly glances at Josh before giving me a subtle nod. I giggle and lean against Josh, I shift my gaze back to my mom playing with my son and smile when I feel at peace. Everything seems to be alright.

"So now that we established that I did all the work to make Noah, I think you owe me a massage" I pull away from him and raise my brows in surprise, "I'm sorry what did you say?" I ask glaring at him to choose his next words carefully. He bursts into laughter and I roll my eyes, "I should be the one getting that massage" I mutter leaning back against him.

He nods and leans down to peck my lips, "I'll give you one if you want" he offers but I shake my head "I don't really want one to be honest" I shrug.

~🍼~

I wake up in the middle of the night confused and disoriented. Josh isn't sleeping next to me and Noah isn't in his little bed beside me. I sit up and furrow my brows before climbing out of bed and wandering outside my bedroom. I go to Noah's room and quietly push the door open just to find Josh in my rocking chair with Noah in his arm.

Josh is softly singing a lulaby, whilst rocking back and forth and keeping his gaze on his son. I bite my lip watching the two of them together and my heart fills with so much happiness and love for the both of them.

"Josh" I whisper opening the door wider and walking in. His gaze flickers up and he shoots me a smile, "Hey Love" he whispers watching me walk over to him. "What are you doing?" I ask leaning against Noah's crib, he shrugs and looks down at his son.

"He kept farting and he pooped in his diaper so the room smelled bad" he explains whilst scrunching his nose in disgust making me stifle a laugh. "So I took him here to change him and well, he isn't quite a fan of the cold baby wipe so I sat here to calm him down" he finishes as I look at him lovingly.

"It's actually really relaxing to just hold him in your arms and rock in this chair" he admits gazing at his son. "I was humming this little song to make him stop crying and he just started looking at me with his big little eyes. There was something about them that made me feel like everything was going to turn out the way it's suppose to. I know it's suppose to be the other way around, that he should feel safe when looking at us but when I looked at him he made me feel safe" Josh explains before glancing up at me "And thinking about it, I think I feel that way when looking at him because he's part of you. No matter what I'll always have a part of you in him" my heart flutters and I kneel down to leave a quick kiss on Josh's lips.

"Or its just because he has your eyes" he adds with a shrug making me chuckle. "I don't know they're still quite dark" I argue with a smile.

"Come on let's head back to bed" I suggest standing back up with Josh. He takes my hand and we walk back to our bedroom. I climb back in bed and Josh carefully places Noah in his little bed next to me before climbing in bed beside me.

"Josh" I say softly turning to face my boyfriend, "You know that no matter what happens, I'll always be here for you, we'll always be here for you" I assure him as I lift my hand to caress his cheek.

"I know" he nods "I love you so much" I smile and peck his lips, letting my lips linger for a few seconds. "I love you too".