Chapter 8: Morning walks

"We should do this more often" I admit as Josh and I keep walking around Central Park in the early morning with our hands intertwined. It's Saturday which meant Josh didn't have to go to work today so I took advantage of that and suggested we take a walk around the park so I could get out of the house and walk a little as a form of exercise and not to mention, Noah getting some Vitamin D.

"How about every Saturday we go on a walk?" He suggest quickly glancing at me. I nod in agreement "sounds great" I quip looking at Noah in the stroller Josh is pushing. He's fast asleep and all bundled up in his blanket, even though it's warm outside there's still that little cold breeze and I don't want him to get cold.

"Should we get something to eat? I'm a little hungry" Josh admits, I shrug "Sure, I have to feed Noah in a few minutes anyways". We walk out of the park and walk in the first cafe we spot. Josh and I sit at a booth and I take Noah in my arms whilst we leave the stroller at the entry.

"What do you feel like having?" Josh asks glancing up from his menu to look at me. "Um" I bite my lip reading what they had on the menu again, "I think I'm going to get some pancakes" I admit as he nods, "How about we get a plate of pancakes with a plate of bacon and eggs?" He suggest.

"That would be perfect" I agree as he nods and places his menu back on the table. "How's he doing?" Josh asks motioning to Noah, I look down and find our son slowly waking up. "He's waking up" I smile seeing Noah look around.

"He's never been fussy when we take him out" Josh points out as I nod "Yeah" I agree "He's such a good baby" I coo watching our son stretch. Josh orders our food as I place a blanket on the space between Josh and I before slowly laying down Noah there making sure he can fall. I dig his binky out of the diaper bag and hand it to him knowing he won't be fussy.

"We have the perfect son" Josh says happily as he smile at our baby who's wide awake. "We do" I smile brightly as I gaze at Josh, I loved the fact that even though he was tired and wanted to continue sleeping as this was his day off of work, he still got up and did something I wanted to do.

"Thank you for doing this" I say taking his hand and intertwining our fingers, he turns to face me and lifts his other hand to caress my cheek, "I'll always do anything to make you happy" he admits before leaning over the table to press his lips over mine in a soft kiss.

~🍼~

I walk back into the living room after being on the phone with my brother and find Maya and Noah fast asleep on the couch together. A wide smile pulls at my lips as I look at the both of them and the amount of love I have for the both of them is unexplainable. I take out my phone and take a quick picture before grabbing a blanket and putting it on the both of them.

The sound of the front door opening catches my attention and makes me tear my gaze away from Maya towards the front door

The sound of the front door opening catches my attention and makes me tear my gaze away from Maya towards the front door. I look at my mom walking in with quite a few grocery bags and decide to go help her. "Thank you Joshua" she smiles as I place the bags on the kitchen counter, "Welcome Ma" I say before starting to unload the bags.

"You got a lot of stuff" I point out as I take out the things she bought out of the bag and on the counter whilst she puts them away. "Yeah, I'm going back to Philly for a week, a friend of mine is hosting a retirement party and I told her I'd be there a while back" she explains "So I got everything you and Maya might need, I thought I'd save the both of you time and work" I smile "Thank you, I really appreciate it" she waves me off before grabbing the carton of milk and putting it in the pantry "Don't mention it".

"How's Maya anyways?" She asks curiously and I smile whislt leaning forwards to glance at my girlfriend who's still sleeping on the couch with our son on her chest. "She's doing a lot better" I admit "I think she's just getting use to having a baby and making sure Noah has everything he needs" I explain as my mom nods "Just remember it doesn't get easier, each month there'll be something knew, he'll start teething, crawling, talking" she reminds me.

"And each of those milestone is going to be a new adventure for the both of you but it'll also be an obstical that you two will need to learn to control" she explains as I nod in understanding. "We'll get through it together".

"And that's what you need to remember, the both of you are doing this together not alone".

~🍼~

"Mr. Matthews could I speak with you?" I ask as he finishes his desert. Turns out we were invited to have dinner at the loft along with my parents and whislt everybody was gushing at my baby I thought I could talk to Cory about going back to school this year, we have just a few weeks left meaning I'd have to go back, but with having a 2 month old baby I don't think I'd be emotionally stable to go back.

"Of course Maya" he smiles as I take a seat on the bench before turning my body slightly to face him. "What do you want to talk about?" He asks curiously before taking another bite of his strawberry coated with whipped cream.

"School" I say causing his brows to raise "It starts in 2 weeks and I was wondering if I could stay homeschooled?" I question watching him finish chewing before he starts speaking again. "Is it something you think it's best for you?" I vigoursly nod. "I have a baby Matthews, he's going to be only 2 months when school starts, I still breastfeed him and he needs me" I explain "Not to mention the fact that I'm still recovering emotionally and physically, going back to school is just going to send me into depression" I admit "And I was doing so much better homeschool than I was at school, and you know that because you're the one who told me my grades were a lot better" I point out as he nods in understanding.

"I completely understand and it was something I was actually expecting, although you do need you're parents consent with this Maya".

"Okay" I breath out turning my head to look at Shawn holding Noah whislt my mom smiles and plays with my son's fingers.

"Mom" I call making her turn her attention towards me, "Yes baby girl?" She asks leaning forwards to look at me better. "Is it okay if I continue homeschooling for a few months?" I question "I'm not exactly comfortable leaving Noah, especially when I'm still breastfeeding" I add before biting my lip hoping she'll just agree.

"When would you be planning on going back to school?" She questions and I shrug "I was thinking about maybe December, that way Noah is 5 months old and I'd be fully recovered" I answer.

"Cory what do you think?" Shawn asks glancing at his best friend "I think it's a good idea" he admits making me smile "She did very well at the end of last year when she had to homeschool, I don't see why she won't do well this year as well".

"Okay" my mom breathes out "We'll let you only until December though" she warns me "This is your last year in school and I expect you to graduate" I nod vigoursly. "Thank you, thank you, thank you" I repeat rushing over to her side and kissing her cheek whilst hugging her.